Question

cameras wont connect

• 28 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve split the Wi-Fi into 5 and 2.4 since my cameras have to run on a lower ghz. I’ve renamed it to T-MOBILE-AF24, made sure it isn’t set to private, 

Mehta doesn’t T-Mobile logon to my system and assist?

keep getting OFFLINE error

ive done the following but only once:

Each time I have started a new Wi-Fi company, I have trouble with my cameras? Saying OFFLINE. I have separated the Wi-Fi to 2.4 and 5.0. I have reset cameras. I have unplugged and plugged both cameras as well. I have re-added each a couple times and still OFFLINE. Help

THEIR RESPONSE:

Is the problem that the camera can't connect to your wifi router? If so, please refer to the suggestions below:  
Generally speaking, most of WiFi connect failure cases are caused by improper settings. 
1. Please make sure your WiFi network is in 2.4GHz band, being encrypted and the cam can detect your WiFi SSID. 
2. Please make sure the WiFi antenna is well installed and intact. 
3. Please make sure your WiFi password has been input correctly, no special characters or blank, no more than 31 digits. Besides, it’s case sensitive, please pay attention to the capital letters and small letters.
 4. When setup the cam, make sure your phone is connected to your home WiFi, instead of mobile network. 
5. It’s recommended to put the cam within 2 meters away from the router when configuring it. 
6. Make sure the APP is in the latest version and the firmware version is the latest one,if not, please upgrade to the latest ones. 
7. Please reset the camera to factory default and re-configure it. 
8. If you wired the camera to your router and then setup the WiFi, then once put in the WiFi password and click ‘done’, please unplug ethernet cable, and wait until the camera finish rebooting automatically, otherwise, the WiFi settings would not take effect. 
9. Please enter the router’s web interface and double check the encryption of the WiFi(WEP/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK,TKIP/AES), then go to the web interface of the camera, and make sure the WiFi encryption is match with it in the router. 
 10. Please change a router to test; You can also change a network to test, in case of incompatible router or network. 
11. Make sure that there is no mac filtering or other policies in the router that deny the access of the camera. 
12. If non of the above method work, then the WiFi module of the camera must be broken. 

Forget the camera password 
Please reset the camera to factory default settings, the default password of the camera is 888888.  
How to reset: Power on camera, then find out the camera “ reset “ hole, use a pin or pencil to keep pressing the button for about 15 seconds until camera reboot,
 then the camera will be reset successfully.  
Notes:  1.Indoor camera’s “ reset” button: at the back of the camera or in the lower section of the head of the camera ;  
2.Outdoor camera’s “reset” button (without Pan &tilt): on the power cable. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Set the security for your 2.4 GHz network to WPA/WPA2.

Badge

Did that and same offline error…

thank you!