• 4 January 2017
  • 24 replies

im getting an error code reg09 what do i do

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 10 January 2017, 21:00

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there 😊 REG09 is a Wi-Fi calling error indicating that there may be an issue with your E911 address (address used by emergency personnel if you call 911 while on Wi-Fi calling). The most common reason that you would see this error is if you have not set up your E911 address but that is super easy to fix. Check out these steps for instruction on how to set up your E911 address online.

Userlevel 3

Hey @towens169‌!  How is everything going?  Were you able to get your E911 address sorted out and say farewell to that error message?

- Marissa

I think so I haven't gotten the red phone icon in the top left of the screen

in some time now.

Userlevel 3

Awesome to hear!  Thank you for the update!

- Marissa

Just fyi: I had to restart my phone after entering E911 address to get WiFi calling to work.

When I try to update my 911 address it just takes me to the metro page

I already submitted my e911 address, have restarted my phone and still get the Reg09 error message. Any thoughts?

I already submitted my e911 address, have restarted my phone and still get the Reg09 error message. Any thoughts?

Same here!  Old thread, but current problem.

Same here, I am getting REG09 on Pixel 6 from time to time, even though E911 is setup

Same issue with pixel 6 although everything is set

I'm also having this issue on a Pixel 6 Pro. I think it might be affecting my calls while on wifi. I've been unable to make or receive them on wifi for a while now.

Same error code since I started using Pixel 6 :(
Any luck with the fix ?

I too am having wifi issues. I bought this phone two and a half weeks ago. I live in a very rural area and need the wifi for my work. I had TMobile tech help me set my e911 address because it wasn't in the system. They gave me a72 hour window for it being fixed and at the end of that time it did work but only for about two days and now I'm getting that same error message again. I did try my phone at a neighbor's and it was working for a few hours but now I'm back to error. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Same issue here for the last several months. Updating my e911 address does not solve. 

Same issue here with Pixel 6 - e911 address was set up a month ago; just started getting the same error code message: REG09. Double checked e911 address on profile and it’s still correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you try deleting it and re adding the address back in?

2hr online chat with TM resulted in no answer. Useless advice from them. Like others, we need the wifi calling to function. Any other real solutions other than the obvious of updating your profile?

Pixel 6a on Sept security update

REG09 error every time I leave my home Wifi.

Did toggle wifi calling. Did update e911 address.

Non pixel Android phones do not have this problem.

Would appreciate a fix

Also having this issue on a Pixel 6 - please fix ASAP!!!

After a thoroughly unhelpful phone call with 611, I messaged through the app.  After initially suggesting my E911 address wasn’t valid (which it was haha), they had me reset network / wifi / bluetooth settings and restart my phone.  They claim the message won’t happen anymore, but I won’t know until I know.  Worth trying in case it does fix it.

I have tried updating the E911 website - with one notable observation - I put in my zip - the address comes back corrected with the +4 to zip - yet when I save the address in the saved screen it still reports only normal zip without +4.

That said - Pixel 6 Pro owner - seems many other Pixel customers experiencing this same issue.  When is this going to be addressed by support?  Seems other have ventured into online chat and made calls with no advice other than reset everything - which is the blow off that doesn’t fix things.  Many of us think the problem is gone and well - it comes back.  When can we expect a fix for this issue?  I have needed to make phone calls where your signal has horrible reach - and have found myself rebooting the phone to get rid of the error and make the phone call out - not ideal when its an emergency call I am making, to have to start “troubleshooting” my phone to get it working again.

After a thoroughly unhelpful phone call with 611, I messaged through the app.  After initially suggesting my E911 address wasn’t valid (which it was haha), they had me reset network / wifi / bluetooth settings and restart my phone.  They claim the message won’t happen anymore, but I won’t know until I know.  Worth trying in case it does fix it.

any update, just curious if their hail Mary worked for you...

I have been having this problem for a while as well.  Three separate calls to customer support, but nothing has worked permanently.  I am now in a place where I can reboot the phone and it will work for about an hour or so.  I am rural, so I need this to work.

happening on Pixel 4a too