Question

What do you do when T-Mobile can't fix the device but keeps charging you?

• 3 June 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

I signed up for a data only hotspot plan (100GB) and device (Inseego MiFi X Pro 5G (1GB)) in March of 2023.  I had the device for about a month before it stopped working.  I had a 100GB data plan but since it stopped working, I’ve only used: March 0.00GB, April 2.17GB, May 0.00GB.  But they keep charging me the monthly plan plus device fee even though they know it’s not working.

Here’s the problem:

Device appears to work and shows 2-3 bars of 5G UC and says status is connected.  I can connect other devices to it but there is no data service. We confirmed this by also trying to update the software on the device and it says No internet connection.

I’ve called support 4 times and spent 1-2 hrs on the phone each time. I just spent another 2 hrs in a store followed by another 2 hrs on the phone and still no one can resolve this.

They did a warranty exchange, which I had to pay for, and the new device doesn’t work either.  They have had multiple tech support people try to fix it as well as the store employees and no one can figure it out.  They handed me the warranty exchange device and told me there is nothing else they can do and I’d need to call customer service to cancel and return the device and that was my best option.

I called customer support right after and they told me the warranty exchange was processing so they couldn’t make any changes to my account. I told them I already picked up the device, it doesn’t work and that is why I’m calling. She insisted I needed to wait another 72 hrs with a defective device and no service until they do some mysterious step in the warranty exchange process.

Today, I chatted again with support.  They told me I need to try ANOTHER warranty exchange and if the 3rd device doesn’t work, then I can cancel.

All the while, I’ve had to work from a Starbuck everyday because because of construction going on at my house that causes the internet service to intermittently go out (this is the whole reason I purchased the hotspot).

I’m so over it and don’t know what else to do. Waste of time, waste of money and I’m left hanging. If anyone knows what next steps I can take to resolve this once and for all, I’ll send you a Starbucks gift card (they already think I work there cause I’m there everyday).

0 replies

Be the first to reply!