Question

Activate eSim after purchasing a plan through the Prepaid eSim app

• 1 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I will visit the US next week for 1 month as a tourist, I purchased the $60 monthly plan through the Prepaid eSim app on my iPhone 12 Pro, I completed the eSim purchase steps successfully, and when the app prompted me to activate the eSim I chose not to activate and dismissed that pop up screen, because I don’t want to start the plan now, I want to start it once I arrive in the US, I couldn’t find a way to start activating the eSim process again without having to call T-Mobile support number, which’s not possible for me, because international calls are too expensive (calling from Saudi Arabia) and I don’t have a different phone with a US number to call them once I arrive (tourists usually don’t have that choice).

Is there a possible way to activate the eSim once I arrive in the US ?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

A Tmobile sim can only be activated on Tmobile towers so once you get off the plane you will be able to activate it.

Badge

A Tmobile sim can only be activated on Tmobile towers so once you get off the plane you will be able to activate it.

Thanks for your reply, however, how can I activate it  once I get off the plane ? the esim is not added yet to my iPhone settings because I chose not to activate at time of purchase through the app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks for your reply, however, how can I activate it  once I get off the plane ? the esim is not added yet to my iPhone settings because I chose not to activate at time of purchase through the app. 

This link should help you.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/t-mobile-esim-app

Badge +1

Were you able to activate your e-sim when you arrived in the states? I’m also I’m the same position as you.