Question

I have been charged for unreceived messages

• 20 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’m using T-Mobile Legacy Pay As You Go with Gold Rewards account.

I recently checked My Account > Line details > View Your Usage, and noticed I have been charged for undelivered messages almost everyday! The caller’s numbers are on my phone's block list (Galaxy S10+) and the messages were not displayed in my phone at all.

I called prepaid customer center. I was was told that it was technical issue and they will update me after investigation and refund the amount. I have waited for 2 weeks now, but no contact from T-Mobile yet...

Is this known issue? Did anybody have the same problem?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Messages from numbers that are blocked still reach your device.  The blocked part is done on your device, by not putting them into the main area of your messaging app and not notifying you of the messages.  The device still does receive the messages which makes it a valid charge if you are billed for incoming messages.  The same applies to blocked calls.  The device rejects the call and sends it directly to your voicemail.  

Badge

Thank you for your reply.
But for example, my phone was turned off whole day yesterday and I checked my account from PC. There are charges for some messages on yesterday. Why should the messages be considered as delivered? Where are they? If T-mobile says the message was really delivered, is there the way to retrieve the message when I turn on the phone?

I think I was charged over $50 for these blocked messages in last 12 months. How can I stop this?
My phone usage is minimum. It can be less than once a week. So, I usually turn off my phone. Could you tell me if you have any suggestion?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Most messaging apps have a archived, blocked, or deleted messages section.  They should be in one of those, unless it is set to automatically delete messages once they are deleted or after so many days.  An unlimited text.option is about all I can think of that might help.  Having T-Mobile block all texts means you wouldn't receive any.  

Badge

If I select “Block sending and receiving SMS/MMS” in my profile, will the free message from T-mobile be blocked also?

I wonder how other Legacy Pay As You Go users managing their account. I didn’t have this issue until last year. Maybe T-mobile is sending tons of spams to the old users to kick out from the legacy plan??

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If I select “Block sending and receiving SMS/MMS” in my profile, will the free message from T-mobile be blocked also?

I wonder how other Legacy Pay As You Go users managing their account. I didn’t have this issue until last year. Maybe T-mobile is sending tons of spams to the old users to kick out from the legacy plan??

It probably will block those as ShortCodes still use SMS.