Question

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET A ARCADYAN TMOG4AR ?

• 25 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

I've had T-mobile 5g home internet since Aug 2023 and really feel like I should have stayed with Crimecast.

My area has NO 5G signal. And I'm a candidate for a ARCADYAN TMOG4AR gateway because of weak 5g signal but T-mobile REFUSES to get me a new gateway.   I've been asking and checking since August. My Ooma will not work either. HORRIBLE VOIP.  My Ookla speed tests show pitiful upload and download speeds.

I've called tech support maybe a dozen times. I've called local stores maybe a dozen times.  T-mobile only cares about my monthly payment and Ooma seems to care less.

Has ANYONE really had success with T-mobile 5g?

1 reply

I think your results will depend on your location vs the tower location.  The only 5G device I have is my phone, and I was not able to get 5G at my location.  4G was just ‘ok’.   After I got the external antenna, my reception improved noticeably. and now I can get “5G” internet on my phone.  The catch is that the 4G is faster than the 5G.  Getting the 5G signal doesn’t mean it will be faster.  Depends on the quality of signal.

Before the antenna an average up down (4G) was 6/2.  Just now (8:30pm local) my 4G gets up/down of 24/11.  The 5G came in at 12/10.  FWIW, I don’t have line-of-sight to the tower.