price charged not what was quoted for home internet!

• 22 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

I began to switch service and went to the website for home internet.  I started a chat to inquire about recent price change from $50 to $60 per month that happened a little over a month earlier.  I explained I had a flyer sent by mail from a month or so old showed the $50 price and asked if they would honor that.  They said they would honor it and got me set up.  They said to have anyone refer to the chat if there were any future issues about pricing.  Well, I just got my first bill and it’s $65 per month.  I spent an hour on the phone just for them to say they won’t honor it and there is no evidence of that price to honor.  I called a second time and spoke with someone different.  They said some representatives will say incorrect things and they cannot honor it, apologizing.  Umm, I made a huge step and switched my whole network and ALL devices over, which is a task.  I sent my other provider packing.  I feel that’s where they wanted me.  I feel taken advantage of with no care of being locked in at a rate that they won’t honor.  I’m so upset!  Will be calling again to speak with anyone and everyone.  This is NOT RIGHT!!!  Bad look for T-Mobile!!!   Anyone have any guidance or direction I can go?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

All carriers have a bill and use cycle. You'll have a prorated charge for a partial use cycle. Your first bill in general will always be higher unless you started the plan exactly on the first day of the use cycle. 

For example you started your plan on the 5th, but T-Mobile has the use cycle on the 14th. 

You will be billed the 5-14 + 1 month. From there you use cycle ends on the 14th and no prorate unless you add features in the mid of your use cycle(they generally start it on your next cycle unless you express you want it at that moment for this reason).

Badge

This is not true at all!  T-Mobile sent me an email on the 11th that my equipment was on the way.  Nothing was even established yet  No way my service started on the 5th.  I didn’t even begin communication with them at that time.  More misinformation!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This is not true at all!  T-Mobile sent me an email on the 11th that my equipment was on the way.  Nothing was even established yet  No way my service started on the 5th.  I didn’t even begin communication with them at that time.  More misinformation!

It was an example for the dates. I don't work for T-Mobile and can't see personal account information. No one here can. This is a user to user forum. If you look at your bill it'll have multiple dates ranges because you were in a mod cycle when your plan started. 

I'll use my dates for example. If I added a line for example right now and I won't see it on the next bill because it will be prorated with the following month so my bill will be higher than quoted.  After that bill everything will be normal. 

All carriers use this model including overseas unless you are on prepaid. 

Badge

Gotcha… Like I said, this is not true.  I appreciate you trying to explain again, but it is not a prorated amount.  They locked me in at $50 and now say they can’t honor that and the price will be $60 going forward if I use autopay.  They confirmed it will NOT be $50/mo.  I’ve been misled. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

They announced the price increase in January.  I remember hearing about it on several sites, and going to T-Mobile site to read for myself.  

The correct current prices are $60 without a phone plan, or $50 per month with a phone plan (both with autopay).  Read the flyer carefully; maybe that is what is says.  Or it was mailed before the price increase was announced in January.

Badge

Yes, I understand this.  If you read my original post, I mentioned the price change and my flyer was a little over a month old.  When I began, I noticed the price change and wasn’t going to get the service.  I asked if they would honor the $50 still since it was so early.  They agreed and said if there were any issues for T-Mobile to refer to the chat.  They won’t honor it now.