T-Mobile 5G Internet SUCKS

• 9 November 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge

Today my T-Mobile 5G Internet is broken as usual. I made my decision to ditch it and ordered Spectrum, a more reliable service. Tomorrow morning will call T-Mobile customer nonservice and cancel my subscription. Enough is enough. I recommend everyone to do the same if you're able to. 

cjake 5 months ago

Not everyone has the same experience as you with T-Mobile Home Internet.

I have been a happy customer of T-Mobile Home Internet for 18 months.   Download speed varies between 300 and 600 Mbps.    No outages except for a couple instances of tower maintenance.

View original

11 replies

Good luck paying for it lol

Badge

It's the same price as T-Mobile, more reliable and higher bandwidth. I used to have it before trying T-Mobile. The data on my phone is also running half so I may switch the phone service too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I have been a happy customer of T-Mobile Home Internet for 18 months.   Download speed varies between 300 and 600 Mbps.    No outages except for a couple instances of tower maintenance.

Badge

This is correct. Their service is trash. It was ok for the first week but it’s constantly been 1-10 mbps since then. The only reason I have it is because C-Spire was coming into the neighborhood and Comcast got out of hand with their pricing. Unfortunately, C-Spire had a delay and won’t be able to install until the end of this month so I’m stuck with this trash until then.

Mine shows 2.4ghz on devices not 5G…

I'm still texting. Bill is now $90 for grandfather plan and the Gateway which does the same as the Hotspot, though. Lifeline needed. Can I return it? I didn't sign any contract. Rep Clerk just kinda forced it on me lol. Will see when I call. Since 2009 W T-M & no problems. Only one phone lost I had to pay $147.00 monthly for 3 months bc of no guarantee. 

...testing it. 6 devices connected to it. Sometimes it goes RIP 😂 when I noticed my surveillance system goes off! 

Everyone has exactly the same experience. Please stop lying to good customers. 5G internet does not work. Get a normal WiFi provider. Maybe 10G will be better for internet but 5G is a disgrace. Without mentioning most security cameras and tv do not support 5G

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

5G (G = Generation) and 5 GHz (GigaHertz) are completely different things.  If anyone wants help with their internet, please ask a specific question.  It’s better to make a new thread than to add to an old thread. 

5G (G = Generation) and 5 GHz (GigaHertz) are completely different things.  If anyone wants help with their internet, please ask a specific question.  It’s better to make a new thread than to add to an old thread. 

The answer from T-Mobile will be “They are working on the towers”

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I don’t work for T-Mobile.  That would not be my answer.

New customer. Worked fabulous for two weeks.

Now I must POPO tombstone to connect TV’s whenever I want a TV. Computers have no problem.

I’ll  connect a timer and have it cycle every six hours.

Be nice if I could do this to city hall politicians. They also need booting every six hours or else they’ll spend all day counting their money.