T-Mobile 5G Internet SUCKS

• 9 November 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge

Today my T-Mobile 5G Internet is broken as usual. I made my decision to ditch it and ordered Spectrum, a more reliable service. Tomorrow morning will call T-Mobile customer nonservice and cancel my subscription. Enough is enough. I recommend everyone to do the same if you're able to. 

cjake 6 months ago

Not everyone has the same experience as you with T-Mobile Home Internet.

I have been a happy customer of T-Mobile Home Internet for 18 months.   Download speed varies between 300 and 600 Mbps.    No outages except for a couple instances of tower maintenance.

View original

11 replies

New customer. Worked fabulous for two weeks.

Now I must POPO tombstone to connect TV’s whenever I want a TV. Computers have no problem.

I’ll  connect a timer and have it cycle every six hours.

Be nice if I could do this to city hall politicians. They also need booting every six hours or else they’ll spend all day counting their money.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I don’t work for T-Mobile.  That would not be my answer.

5G (G = Generation) and 5 GHz (GigaHertz) are completely different things.  If anyone wants help with their internet, please ask a specific question.  It’s better to make a new thread than to add to an old thread. 

The answer from T-Mobile will be “They are working on the towers”

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

5G (G = Generation) and 5 GHz (GigaHertz) are completely different things.  If anyone wants help with their internet, please ask a specific question.  It’s better to make a new thread than to add to an old thread. 

I have been a happy customer of T-Mobile Home Internet for 18 months.   Download speed varies between 300 and 600 Mbps.    No outages except for a couple instances of tower maintenance.

Everyone has exactly the same experience. Please stop lying to good customers. 5G internet does not work. Get a normal WiFi provider. Maybe 10G will be better for internet but 5G is a disgrace. Without mentioning most security cameras and tv do not support 5G

...testing it. 6 devices connected to it. Sometimes it goes RIP 😂 when I noticed my surveillance system goes off! 

Mine shows 2.4ghz on devices not 5G…

I'm still texting. Bill is now $90 for grandfather plan and the Gateway which does the same as the Hotspot, though. Lifeline needed. Can I return it? I didn't sign any contract. Rep Clerk just kinda forced it on me lol. Will see when I call. Since 2009 W T-M & no problems. Only one phone lost I had to pay $147.00 monthly for 3 months bc of no guarantee. 

Badge

This is correct. Their service is trash. It was ok for the first week but it’s constantly been 1-10 mbps since then. The only reason I have it is because C-Spire was coming into the neighborhood and Comcast got out of hand with their pricing. Unfortunately, C-Spire had a delay and won’t be able to install until the end of this month so I’m stuck with this trash until then.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Badge

It's the same price as T-Mobile, more reliable and higher bandwidth. I used to have it before trying T-Mobile. The data on my phone is also running half so I may switch the phone service too.

Good luck paying for it lol