Beware of unpaid equipment balances

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

So, My son took his phone and number from my T-Mobile account and opened his own T-mobile Account at a retail T-Mobile store. I was not present.  The Clerk told him that the phone was paid in-full and applied a full trade-in credit to a new phone. Unfortunately, I still owed $181 on that phone. This left me paying for a T-mobile phone that they now have, and they gave credit for that phone to someone else. I’m still paying for the phone monthly, T-mobile has the phone, son received the credit and T-mobile will make no concessions. This should not be allowed to happen. I think T-mobile is in the wrong here and should have known about the balance on the phone. Imagine trading in a car and the dealership not paying off the bank that held the lien? That’s basically what they did here.

fireguy_6364 3 months ago

if you are the primary account holder (PAH) was the account set up so any decision like this would need to be okd by the PAH? if yes then you have something to go at them with..if he had all allowances and any decisions made didnt need an ok then youre kind of stuck..

try contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter and see what options they give you..you start with a higher tier support this way instead of the tier 1 call in support.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you are the primary account holder (PAH) was the account set up so any decision like this would need to be okd by the PAH? if yes then you have something to go at them with..if he had all allowances and any decisions made didnt need an ok then youre kind of stuck..

try contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter and see what options they give you..you start with a higher tier support this way instead of the tier 1 call in support.

Badge

The girl I spoke with said that my son must have been an authorized signer on the account, which she later recanted when she realized I was the only one. She could not tell me how it happened. I authorized the release of the line only, signed nothing, and was shocked to see  that I will still paying for the phone that had been traded months later. They are unwilling to help me, could not offer an explanation but did admit that the phone should have been paid.

Badge

And thanks for the suggestion!