Question

Billing Issue and Unresolved Phone Line - Action Needed

• 5 January 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge

Subject: Urgent: 

Dear T-Mobile Customer Service,

I am writing to address a critical issue regarding my T-Mobile account # 973898063 that has persisted for several months. I am extremely frustrated with the ongoing problems and lack of resolution, and I am seeking your urgent attention to rectify the situation.

On July 25, 2023, I successfully transferred all five lines from my T-Mobile account to Verizon. Subsequently, I paid the final telephone bill for the month of July, amounting to $272.78, on August 2, 2023. I contacted T-Mobile customer service on July 27 at 4:25 PM, notifying them of the line transfers and bill payment. During this call, I was assured that all lines had been canceled, and I should not expect any future bills.

Despite these assurances, I received a bill in August showing an active account. I promptly informed customer service, and I was told that the account was active because one phone line was not cancelled. I requested for the line to be cancelled and an itemized bill that shows what calls were being made or received on that phone line. To verify, I requested another itemized bill, which I never received. This issue persisted, and subsequent bills for September and October continued to arrive, totaling $272.78 and $417.97, respectively.

Upon contacting customer service on October 2, 2023, I discovered that the line was still active, and I was being charged for a family plan. Despite spending nearly two hours attempting to resolve the issue, it persisted. Subsequent calls on October 26 and November 7, where I spoke to an agent named Miracle. She did inform me that the charges could be due to a cell phone booster and provided me with a return label which was promptly returned on 10/27.

She mentioned that the matter is escalated and the back end team will drop the charges and close the account after they look at the active line on the account as no calls had been made or received.

To make matters worse, I received a bill for $601.57, and I am now at risk of the account going into collections. I have consistently expressed that I do not have an active phone associated with this line, and no calls have ever been made or received on it.

In my latest call on January 3, 2024, I was connected to a supervisor (Agent ID: 542136), who promised to escalate the case and provide resolution. However, as a concerned consumer, I feel cheated and harassed by T-Mobile. I demand a refund for the unauthorized charges on this ghost line on my account accumulated over the past two years and an immediate cancellation of the erroneous line on my account.

The T-Mobile customer service team appears to lack adequate training, as they seem to rely on scripted responses, speaking like robots, and have consistently failed to address or resolve issues.

I urge you to take swift action to rectify this matter and provide a resolution at the earliest. 

Sincerely,

Ruchi Mehrotra

0 replies

Be the first to reply!