Question

Comparing the December 2023 Google Fi Wireless Simply Unlimited Plan vs T-Mobile Magenta 1.0 Plan

• 15 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

After asking ChatGPT 3.5, Microsoft copilot, and Google Bard to compare the ‘Google Fi Wireless Simply Unlimited plan’ to ‘T-Mobile Magenta 1.0 Plan’ and determine which one is better for a family of 7 porting their own telephone numbers and bringing their existing cell phones. The answer for all three came back in favor of Google Fi Wireless.

Does T-Mobile plan to offer an equally competitive plan?

Because of space limitations here is the result of Bing Copilot (which is a competitor of Google): 

“Thank you for your question. I have searched the web for the details of the Google Fi Wireless ‘Simply Unlimited’ plan and the T-Mobile ‘Magenta 1.0’ plan, and I will compare them based on the information I found.

The Google Fi Wireless ‘Simply Unlimited’ plan is a flexible and affordable plan that offers unlimited data, calls, and texts within the US, Canada, and Mexico for $30 per month per line for three or more lines1This plan also includes 5 GB of hotspot tethering, free international texting to over 200 destinations, free calls to over 200 destinations from the US, full connectivity for select smartwatches, family safety features, VPN service, spam blocking, location sharing, contact controls, and 100 GB of cloud storage with Google One12.

The T-Mobile ‘Magenta 1.0’ plan is a plan that offers unlimited data on the 5G & 4G LTE network for $70 per month per line3This plan also includes unlimited mobile hotspot data at 3G speeds after 5 GB is used (up to 600 kbps), optimized video streaming at 480p, domestic data roaming up to 200 MB, international texting and calling to Mexico and Canada (up to 5 GB), Gogo in-flight Wi-Fi with unlimited texting and one hour of Wi-Fi access per session (unlimited flights/sessions), Scam Shield with free caller ID and scam blocking features, proxy line service by DIGITS by T-Mobile (requires a subscription fee), Netflix on us (requires two or more lines)34.

Based on these comparisons, I think that the Google Fi Wireless ‘Simply Unlimited’ plan is better for a family of seven porting their own telephone numbers and bringing their existing cell phones because:

• It has a lower monthly cost than the T-Mobile ‘Magenta 1.0’ plan ($30 vs $70 per month per line).
  • It has more hotspot tethering data than the T-Mobile ‘Magenta 1.0’ plan (5 GB vs none).
  • It has more international features than the T-Mobile ‘Magenta 1.0’ plan (free texting and calling to over 200 destinations from the US vs none; free international texting to over 200 destinations vs none; free calls to over 200 destinations from the US vs none).
  • It has more security features than the T-Mobile ‘Magenta 1.0’ plan (VPN service; spam blocking; location sharing; contact controls).
  • It has more cloud storage than the T-Mobile ‘Magenta 1.0’ plan (100 GB with Google One vs none).

I hope this helps you make an informed decision about your cell phone plans. If you have any other questions or requests, please let me know. 😊”

0 replies

Be the first to reply!