Question

Apple TV - Not working

• 8 November 2023
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am not able to use Apple TV On-Us even though it says I am active on my account.  I had customer service people helping me on two different occasions and they all said I should wait 24 hours for a special link to be sent and will call me to make sure all that crap but still not resolved.  

Anybody else had similar problems or know how to get it easily resolved?

19 replies

Been having the same problem, trying to sign into my Apple TV On-Us though my T-Mobile account says, under manage add-ons, Apple TV “active.”  Told the same, to wait 24 hrs, that while “active” not fully activated!?  It’s been 2 weeks!  I’m on a verification code carousel re ID, password trying to sign into Apple TV!  Beyond frustrating.

Yeah, I just tried to log in after not using Apple TV for a while. It’s not working for me. It says I have Apple TV under ad ons, but when I look on apple it says I don’t have apple+…

I have had this problem for months.

selling a plan with Add-ons that are never delivered. 

I don’t have any issues on my phone, but trying to access Apple TV Plus on my computer/through their website is not available. Their site still tells me to sign up for a free trial even though my Apple TV account settings also list the “ON US” promotion from T-Mobile… So I’m guessing this is only active for the phone app, which is kinda crappy.

Same here. Been talking to customer care for months and now they have transferred me and I am on hold waiting for apple care

same problem. Have magenta Max and Apple+ doesn't work even though account says it’s active. So annoying. When opening Apple TV, it says to purchase it. But then the tmobile.com website login says that it’s included and active. They have to get their *hit fixed.

I get the spinning circle of death when I follow TMs instructions. I can log into my Apple TV, but the plus won’t connect. I suspect that the fault is that Apple APIs are not setup correctly to accept the request ergo 500 status error because the API Key is incorrect.

Sounds like a class action suite.

Badge

This just happened to me. AppleTV+ was working fine on my AppleTV and then today it didn’t recognize my subscription and wanted me to sign up for a trial account. Here’s how I ended up resolving the issue. 

On AppleTV go to settings > users and accounts > default user > manage subscriptions > sign in with Apple ID (I used the sign in with Apple device option). 

This seemed to reactivate my subscription on AppleTV and everything was restored.  Good luck!  

YES! Same here! I recently changed to the plan that includes Apple TV + and Netflix and it doesn’t work. I have called and called about it and they send me to IT support to open a ticket and that person told me i can “rest assured” it would be fixed. Well it has not. I’m going to have to call them daily it seems.

hey T-mobile!  Where is the help to fix this?

OK. So i have been having this issue also for quite some time, I just went into my T-Mobile account and deactivated/ de-selected the Apple TV addon and then went back into my addons and reselect Apple TV. It prompted me to link my apple ID again and now it works again!   Hope this helps. 

I notice that the benefit days up to $4.99, but the least expensive Apple TV+ plan is $9.99. Makes me think I would still owe $5 to get the service.

Greetings all - had this exact issue.  Everything stated that our AppleTV+ account was active, both on T-Mobile’s side and AppleTV’s.  Similarly, we had not logged in and watched AppleTV+ in a few weeks.

I tried Spres64’s solution and it worked.  Back up and running in about 5 minutes.  Thanks Spres64!

Glad it helped. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I can look at the table of contents but can’t play any of the content.

I have had this issue since they offered it. Ill try deactivating and reactivating the add-on. Thank you. 

The T-Mobile Sprint merger has changed this company into a different animal like Verizon. I left Verizon for T-Mobile and loved their approach to billing and customer service, both of those are now so different it seems like they are run by a different ceo/cfo and board similar to Verizon when I left them. Ive been lied to by customer service to get me to change plans in the past at T-mobile, but that only happened once as I no longer trusted them anymore, but now the whole company is enforcing plan changes where it promised could not happen before.

The only piece of what was, is these add-ons now and there is no one addressing the issue here aside from us users. 

The deactivate and reactive method did not work, even cleared cookies for all Apple site info.

It clearly shows on T-Mobile it's been activated again. But on the Apple TV website it says I can get the free trial for Apple TV+, yet in settings on Apple TV+ it says I have an Apple TV+ subscription but shows my old CC as payment method. I've never paid for Apple TV, though I have bought apps. Maybe this is also playing a factor in this issue. 

I just found a workaround, after deactivating and reactivating, it will text you something to activate it on your phone, but it also provides a link on the PC screen, which I clicked but nothing happened the first time. I went to my account info on the Apple TV website and removed my CC info. Cleared the cookies. Signed in to Apple TV on my computer, and then clicked the link provided by T-Mobile after reactivating the add on for free Apple TV and now it works on my computer. 

I was pressing the link on imessage from my computer and it failed, when i used my iphone and pressed the link, the activation happened no problem via the phone