Feedback for T-Mobile: Reducing benefits

• 27 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

It seems that every time I accept an offer from T-Mobile, the company goes back on it just a little after. I find that very frustrating. Last example: We updated our contract and phones, and it appeared to be a good deal, one factor being that the plan included Netflix. Not two month later, I receive a message from T-Mobile that from now on only Netflix with Ads is included - a downgrade worth roughly $100/year. Yes,  in exchange there is a free year of Hulu, but I really don’t care about that. And also, yes, T-Mobile always said that benefits could change. Unfortunately, this is not the first time something like this happens to me with T-Mobile.

In aggregate, the impression I get increasingly is that T-Mobile’s word in its special offers and deals really is not worth much. This is very disappointing.

tidbits 3 months ago

Dude... The benefit changed happened with Netflix changing their pricing. If you have a problem with add talk to Netflix. I canceled my service a long time ago. The only reason why I had them active was from this. Once Netflixed raised their prices and I had to pay out of pocket I canceled them. 

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Dude... The benefit changed happened with Netflix changing their pricing. If you have a problem with add talk to Netflix. I canceled my service a long time ago. The only reason why I had them active was from this. Once Netflixed raised their prices and I had to pay out of pocket I canceled them. 

T Mobile is only worried about their bottom line and doesn’t care about customer satisfaction. I’ll be canceling my Netflix account and shopping around for other phone carriers. I can’t even watch Netflix on my TV using my Chromecast anymore with the downgraded plan. The free Netflix without ads was the only perk keeping me with T Mobile.

Userlevel 1

T Mobile is only worried about their bottom line and doesn’t care about customer satisfaction. I’ll be canceling my Netflix account and shopping around for other phone carriers. I can’t even watch Netflix on my TV using my Chromecast anymore with the downgraded plan. The free Netflix without ads was the only perk keeping me with T Mobile.

Im going to cut cost/take some business elsewhere in very near future.

Dumping Orginal Jump/insurance - 16.99 monthly. I haven't used upgrade feature in years with 1 insurance claim in 9 years. When another device is needed purchasing through Amazon is less expensive , reputable low cost referb sellers are available & Samsung provides specials.

Dumping T-mobile home internet - 55.00 monthly. My Local cable provider offer specials that cost couple dollars more.

Netflix can't be dumped , long story behind that I won't go into. Many thanks to John Legere - 2016 corp office for giving me years of viewing enjoyment.

As for my phone plan...another 2016 TM corp office deal., It provides unlimited everything + free DIGITS for 45.00. No other carrier can beat such deal so keeping it.

With the new Netflix with ads, some movies are still not available to T-Mobile customers - ie - Anyone But You; 

unavailable on an ad-supported plan due to licensing restrictions. 

What does this mean?  What exactly is our current benefit with T-Mobile Netflix? 
How do you get grandfathered in to the Netflix plan that was guaranteed with your switch to T-Mobile service? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Perks aren't grandfathered and can change anytime according to the terms and conditions in the fine print of the offer.