Question

Now we get the "benefit" of watching Netflix ads? great...

• 4 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got the notification that Netflix plans will change at the end of the month with many new great “features” like advertisements. No thanks. I'd rather give less money to T-Mobile and get no Netflix.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

there isnt exactly a cost to not use it.

Netflix has been losing money left and right due to their wide subscription crack down on user's sharing their account passwords that's been going on for many years. Becaues of this, Netflix is trying to keep their shareholders happy and that means making "BiG" changes that will bring in revenue to help compensate for all the loss revenue from subscribers jumping ship (due mostly to this crack down). One of Netflix's "BiG" changes was forcing T-Mobile into another contract agreement that benifits Netflix by raising more revenue thru Ads. T-Mobile apparently has decided it was best to keep Netflix as a stream service partner, then ditch them and try finding another streaming service that may offer free (On US) streaming without Ads. To stay competitive with AT&T and Verizon I think T-Mobile will end up either dropping Netflix On Us promos (and go with a another streaming service), or go back to the negotiation table with Netflix and force a better deal that benifits T-Mobile again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Got the notification that Netflix plans will change at the end of the month with many new great “features” like advertisements. No thanks. I'd rather give less money to T-Mobile and get no Netflix.

If you currently get Netflix from T-Mobile for free, canceling it won’t change your bill.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just another classic example of T-Mobile nickling and diming. This is NOT Netflix’s fault. T-mobile is not paying for what they originally promised you they would pay.  Just like when they stopped considering credit cards to be eligible for the autopay discount.

We dumped them last month after almost 30 years. You should too.

Just another classic example of T-Mobile nickling and diming. This is NOT Netflix’s fault. T-mobile is not paying for what they originally promised you they would pay.  Just like when they stopped considering credit cards to be eligible for the autopay discount.

Byyyye

Let me get this straight. Netflix promised me a standard subscription when I signed on. However, today they informed me that my account is switching into a ad  supported account. 
I don’t wanna watch ads. This is BS. I am so tired of T-Mobile. I am so sorry I switched

Userlevel 1

Actually it is partially T-mobiles fault.  Netflix was charging 12.99 for standard no ads which was included the with ads was 9.99 last fall and dropped to 6.99 and raised the with ads to 15.49.  Tmobile decided to save some dollars and drop everyone to the 6.99 with ads saving them 6.00 in the process.  

T-mobile pissed me off since they drop the credit card from the auto pay discount.  Now they select to change Netflix to add ad. I'm looking to switch now....

T-Mobile was the greatest at one point when John Legere was CEO. Unfortunately customer service has drastically took a dump since he was let go. I’ve been considering changing service. It’s gotten much slower I feel, customer service sucks it’s not the same. When you call you don’t get the same customer service like you used to. The entire structure of this company is changing drastically to accommodate the share holders. Unless people start dumping companies they’ll keep doing these things. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

T-Mobile was the greatest at one point when John Legere was CEO. Unfortunately customer service has drastically took a dump since he was let go. I’ve been considering changing service. It’s gotten much slower I feel, customer service sucks it’s not the same. When you call you don’t get the same customer service like you used to. The entire structure of this company is changing drastically to accommodate the share holders. Unless people start dumping companies they’ll keep doing these things. 

Legere wasn't let go, he left on his own with a huge golden balloon.

Legere wasn't let go, he left on his own with a huge golden balloon.

you’re right my apologies. I just read up briefly. T-Mobile was dirty the whole time. Just used him as a friendly pawn to lure customers in. Now the new CEO is the bad guy. Yeah time to go 😂🤣