Question

Kids syncup won't turn on

Badge

Suddenly, my son's Kids syncup won't turn on despite charging for hours watch is a 3 months old. I cleaned the charging pins and tried a different charging cable, but it didn't work. Can you exchange this watch?

Thank you.

22 replies

Sorry you are having an issue. Could you please try charging at a different power outlet? If that still doesn’t resolve it please do exchange it. 

SyncUP KIDS Watch Team

Badge

Yes, I have already tried several other outlets and other charging cables, of course, but the Display Screen does not turn on at all and the Power Button does not work.

Do you need something information of the Watch?

Thanks for sharing the additional information. Checking on the backend. Will share once we learn what we find. 

Badge

Thank you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Please do exchange the watch. We will need to investigate it physically. 

Thanks so much.

Badge

How can I exchange the watch? Do you send me New Watch with Return Label for current defective watch return?

Another thing you could try is press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds. If that watch resets then you should be good, if not please exchange. To exchange please call T-Mobile CARE or at a retail store.

Badge

I already tried to push and hold button for 20sec but it doesn’t turn on.

For this defective watch, is the exchange free of charge?

This looks like it falls under warranty exchange if there is no damage. You could ask the Care rep to waive any fees. Thank you for being supportive and sharing information.

Badge

Understood. Thank you.

This has happened to my daughters watch and we were told that a new charging station was needed and that this part is not included in the warranty.

This has happened to my daughters watch and we were told that a new charging station was needed and that this part is not included in the warranty.

We apologize for that experience. We are investigating this issue. We recommend requesting a warranty exchange for the watch if your watch when on the charging dock does not charge or start. Even if you try different plugs. All the intelligence is in the watch. You can share you got this recommendation from the SyncUP KIDS Watch team. Please let us know if that does not resolve your issue. Sorry again about this.

My sons watch as well won’t turn on and because he has a scratch on the screen the store will not honor the warranty. I called T-Mobile and they sent a new watch over to the store when I went to pick it up the store will not give me the watch because of the scratch on the screen. This is nonsense. As a T-Mobile member for over 14 years this is unacceptable. They told me to add another line and get a new watch from the promotion and then after 3 months cancel the one I have. Which would be fine however if I cancel the watch I will have to pay it off in full. What’s the point ! I am out a watch and paying for service I can’t use. Disappointed at T mobile and how they treat their costumers. There is a software issue with the watch and T-Mobile won’t take it back because of a scratch. Meanwhile when I bought the watch I thought I purchased the insurance but the agent never added it. Somehow that’s my fault too. 

I have the same issue with my daughter’s SyncUP watch. Every 3 months the watch stop working I needs to be replaced. First was showing me a “start” screen every single time after charging. But now Doesn’t turn on at all.  But now because I replaced it few times I have to pay $20. 

My son's watch screen won't turn on (remains black). I have no damage to the screen and the app says that the watch is charged to 82%. 

I held the power button down for 15-20 seconds and still no change

My daughter’s watch has issues too. A start screen appears saying to press volume button for this or power button fir thus and there is only ONE button.  lol  Makes no sense.  Taking it to the store to see what they say.

Badge

our 9 year old son dropped the original sync watch yesterday and the screen cracked. The watch will not turn on. tmobile store said they wouldn’t replace it or contribute money to replacing it. TMobile, listen, these are kids wearing an expensive device. This product was made by TMobile. I’m sure this gadget is cheap to produce especially if you are the manufacture.. Why do you not have more affordable insurance or warranty coverage for a kids device? I’m sure we could easily send this device in and you could easily repair with a low cost. The store said insurance would be $12 a month on this kids watch if we bought it new. After a year, that’s $144 spent for a cheap plastic watch. do you want to keep a faithful tmobile customer or not? You need better coverage for a KID device where KIDS make stupid decisions and the product is made by Tmobile. this is insane.

This seems to be an ongoing issue. I have to wonder if T-mobile is knowingly selling these faulty watches to force customers to pay a few more bucks a month. I got this watch for my daughter. 3 months after she got it the watch got stuck on the T-mobile logo. It would not turn off unless the battery died and it would not go past that logo. Knowing the sales associate and I talked about the insurance and I clearly said I want the insurance, this watch is for a 6 yr old, low and behold. I was informed it was never added. I contacted T-mobile and was told since there isn’t insurance on there I’m just out of luck and stuck paying for a watch line that they know I am unable to use because the watch will not function. There is no external damage to it. I did a hard reset and now it is stuck at the screen that says it is preparing for an update, do not remove from the charger. It has been on that same screen for two hours now.

My daughter’s watch has issues too. A start screen appears saying to press volume button for this or power button fir thus and there is only ONE button.  lol  Makes no sense.  Taking it to the store to see what they say.

Waiting to b hear what happened. Have same issue. These watches are junk but it is insured but..... had scratches and chips on face. What's the point of having insurance then. Replace the stupid screen while you're at it then. 

Same issue, watch won’t charge on the dock. Did basic trouble shooting, cleaned pins, different cord, different outlet, hard reset, nothing works. The only thing the watch does when I try the hard reset is that it vibrates and says low battery. I saw on another forum that this happened after a software update was pushed, and the watch needs to be turned off manually before charging. Now I can’t even do that due to being blocked by the low battery screen. Unfortunately, I found this out after ordering a new $30 charging dock, that I am sure won’t work due to finding this information. After I confirm, I intend on contacting T-Mobile and trying to work out a warranty. This watch is only a couple of months and was working fine, to be possibly bricked by an update and causing my kid to be distressed at losing communication with his deployed mother has me ready to move to another carrier if they don’t play ball. 

I went to another carrier. I contacted the manufacturer who said it was a programming error and T-Mobile should replace the watch. T-Mobile told me they did not see my insurance on file, which I purchased. There is paperwork in my email. Ultimately T-Mobile told me they would not replace the watch and fully expected me to pay for a line I could not use. I went to another carrier where I got my daughter a phone with parental controls. T-Mobile said they were going to bill me the full cost of the watch. 2 months after I was no longer a T-Mobile customer they made an unauthorized charge in my bank account for the full cost of the watch. I have had T-Mobile for over ten years, now that I am gone I will NEVER return. I've tried to post a response several times. Let's hope this one sticks.

We’ve gone through 3 of these watches in the past year and a half. at first I thought my daughter had broken hers because she’s a bit of a brute, so we got that replaced, ended up paying 200 bucks to get a new watch hooked up. But then my son just stopped working and he’s very careful with his things. Of course they’re out of warranty so now I’m stuck with a plan for a watch that doesn’t work.  Def not impressed with how durable these are when designed for children 😢