Solved

SyncUp Kids stuck at loading screen

• 15 February 2022
  • 33 replies

Badge

I purchased 5 SyncUp Kids watches for Christmas this year. Kids love them, but yesterday I had a second watch get stuck not getting past the loading screen. I'm not sure what led up to it, but the symptoms seem to appear out of nowhere. The watch doesn't respond to anything. The only thing you can do is hold the button for 20secs or so and it will buzz and hard-reset, then get to the loading screen and sequence the three pink dots on the bottom indefinitely.

When the first watch did this I called 611. They seemed very unfamiliar with this product, and appear to have limited ability to troubleshoot anything. Apparently the only way to factory reset these watches is through the settings menu in the interface and in this case it can't get there. They had me go into a store and do a defect exchange (At first they wanted to charge me $5 to file manufacturer warranty and give me a refurbished watch, I refused and insisted on another option. Who charges $5 for a manufacturing defect?) 

Yesterday the second, of five, watches has the same symptoms as before. Stuck at the loading screen, the only thing I can do that gets any response is hard-reset by holding on the button. Having two of these cases now, within 2 months of new, I can't imagine I am unique but I can't find any record of people having issues, so I am here, trying to find solutions, and share my experience.

Question 1- Is there a hidden way to factory reset these watches without accessing the settings menu? If not, why?!

Question 2- Are other people having these same issues? Are my kids doing something to their watches they shouldn't be doing? What might it be? Both times this happened it was overnight, we know because that is when they go offline. I suspect my kids are grabbing them off their chargers to play with them at night, but I can't think of anything they could do to their watch in their beds that would cause them to bug-out.

icon

Best answer by Zoheb 7 June 2022, 17:30

View original

33 replies

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We want to ensure you have a great experience.

You can factory reset the watch by following the instructions in the attached. We want to understand the issue. Next time you have an issue please shake your phone when open on the SyncUP KIDS App and file a report. This way we can get some data and reach out for additional information.

Thanks.

Badge

I cannot follow the instructions to factory reset the watch because it will not finish booting up. When I hard reset, by holding the button down for 20secs or so, it will pass the screen with the pink t-mobile "T", then gets stuck on the loading screen with the "SyncUp Kids" at the top, the four characters in the middle and the three dots at the bottom that cycle between being grey and pink. It stays there indefinitely. I can't access the settings or interface at all. 

Sorry about the experience. I recommend exchanging the watch for a new one. We are working on fixing this issue in our next software update for the watch coming in March. 

We have the same issue with the watch.

Sorry for the issue. We have fixed this issue in the latest software of the watch that is being deployed currently. However, since your watch is stuck in this state, we recommend exchanging it as part of the warranty. We worked out the kinks and appreciate your support and partnership.

We are having the same issue. We bought the watch today. It was working fine for a while. My phone notified me that the watch did an update at 715 pm while on the charger. My son went to grab the watch at 745 off of the charger and it won't do anything except vibrate of you hold down the button for 20 seconds. The display will not work at all. 

We are having the same issue. We bought the watch today. It was working fine for a while. My phone notified me that the watch did an update at 715 pm while on the charger. My son went to grab the watch at 745 off of the charger and it won't do anything except vibrate of you hold down the button for 20 seconds. The display will not work at all. 

Sorry you had this issue. Could you please share the IMEI number of the watch? Also recommend doing a warranty exchange so you can be up and running again. Please ask to waive any fees if they ask for. We will like to understand the issue and the IMEI and exchange will help us with that. Really appreciate your support and partnership in keeping our children safe and growing healthy.

SyncUP KIDS Watch Team

We are having the same issue with the screen freezing and we can’t get it to power down to reboot. We have to keep waiting for it to run out of power.

We are having the same issue with the screen freezing and we can’t get it to power down to reboot. We have to keep waiting for it to run out of power.

What screen is it frozen on? What does the watch say? If you press and hold the power button for 20-30 seconds does the watch reboot?

The same here. Got notice about watch shut down. Tried to boot it up with long-pressing the power button. Couple of times it showed T logo and then shut down itself. On third try it’s loaded this morning.
Then I’ve got a shutdown notice again later in the day.
Started to boot it up again with  long press - it showed T logo one time and shut down itself.
Since that it’s complete brick, doesn’t matter how long you press the power button and how (on charge or not).

So where to go for support? Closest T-Mobile store?

Recommend exchanging your watch as part of the warranty. Sorry about this, we are investigating.

Was it an update recently?

Do not believe it was an update that impacted this, however we will investigate. 

SyncUp app shows Firmware version 1.1.7 for watch

Is there a way to check charger is working properly?

Plugging the charger into a different wall outlet/USB outlet. If that doesn’t work calling care or going to a store to exchange it is currently the best option. We hope to understand your issue soon and fix it. Thank you for your partnership and support. 

Okay. Brought bricked watch to the T-mobile store.
They pointed me to another store with repair guys.
Repair guys told me I drove here for nothing - they’re not repairing watches.
So we started the warranty replacement process.
They can’t send it home as iPhone for example - because of… because they can’t.
They also can’t send it to “not truly” T-Mobile store near my home, but rather to true T-Mobile store - ok.
And It’s $20 + taxes fee for a warranty replacement.
So if your watch get bricked by itself every two months for no reason - you better buy $10/month protection plan, you know.
And, like always, thank you for your partnership and support.

Purchased 2 of these watches on Sunday.. neither work. Keep saying they are not activated properly. Called for help, spent half hour with rep, couldn't  help. Went to the store. Spent 2 hours there trying to fix issues.. none fixed. Was suppose to get a call from an Engineer  and a supervisor today (tuesday)... no phone call.. so frustrated. We just switched over to t-mobile  and so far VERY unhappy. No resolution 

Badge

Hi, we apologize for the experience you are running into. In order to understand the problem better could you please open the SyncUP KIDS app and shake the phone to report a bug that way we can learn more about the issue and provide you with steps to resolve it. We would appreciate it if you could include screenshots of what you see on the app and also the watch IMEI( available on the back of the watch). As soon as we have the above we will have someone look into the issue and get back to you. 

Once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience!

Purchased 2 of these watches on Sunday.. neither work. Keep saying they are not activated properly. Called for help, spent half hour with rep, couldn't  help. Went to the store. Spent 2 hours there trying to fix issues.. none fixed. Was suppose to get a call from an Engineer  and a supervisor today (tuesday)... no phone call.. so frustrated. We just switched over to t-mobile  and so far VERY unhappy. No resolution 

Badge

Hi, we apologize for the experience you are running into. In order to understand the problem better could you please open the SyncUP KIDS app and shake the phone to report a bug that way we can learn more about the issue and provide you with steps to resolve it. We would appreciate it if you could include screenshots of what you see on the app and also the watch IMEI( available on the back of the watch). As soon as we have the above we will have someone look into the issue and get back to you. Alternatively, you can also write to us at skw-feedback@t-mobile.com with the above information. 

We purchased 2 in store and are having a 3rd ship as of yesterday. straight out of the box ours did this too. spent 50+ minutes with a service rep with no solution. Now they  said to wait up to 3 days for them to work. ummmmmm. no thanks. We just switched too and its been a chore. 

Same issue. Have had 3 of these watches for one month.  One not loading past the "T" screen.  Unable to do any sort of 'reset.'  What is the solution, please?

Badge

We purchased 2 in store and are having a 3rd ship as of yesterday. straight out of the box ours did this too. spent 50+ minutes with a service rep with no solution. Now they  said to wait up to 3 days for them to work. ummmmmm. no thanks. We just switched too and its been a chore. 

Hi, we apologize for the experience you are running into. In order to understand the problem better could you please open the SyncUP KIDS app and shake the phone to report a bug that way we can learn more about the issue and provide you with steps to resolve it. We would appreciate it if you could include screenshots of what you see on the app and also the watch IMEI( available on the back of the watch). As soon as we have the above we will have someone look into the issue and get back to you. Alternatively, you can also write to us at skw-feedback@t-mobile.com with the above information. 

Badge

Same issue. Have had 3 of these watches for one month.  One not loading past the "T" screen.  Unable to do any sort of 'reset.'  What is the solution, please?

Hi, we apologize for the experience you are running into. In order to understand the problem better could you please open the SyncUP KIDS app and shake the phone to report a bug that way we can learn more about the issue and provide you with steps to resolve it. We would appreciate it if you could include screenshots of what you see on the app and also the watch IMEI( available on the back of the watch). As soon as we have the above we will have someone look into the issue and get back to you. Alternatively, you can also write to us at skw-feedback@t-mobile.com with the above information. Once again please accept our apologies for the inconvenience!

Go to the real T-Mobile shop and ask for replacement.

Will cost you $20.