Question

SyncUp Tracker firmware

• 2 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

How do you update the firmware?

7 replies

Badge

I’m wondering the same thing. I received a message in the app (once) that Firmware Version 679 was available, but none of my Trackers seem to be updating. I’ve even left them plugged into a constant USB power source for multiple days and still on 677.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Over the previous month or two, I have received multiple notifications via the SyncUp app regarding device firmware update failures. Numerous phone calls to T-Mobile technical support failed to resolve the issue. The majority of the T-Mobile technical support representatives I have spoken with are woefully ignorant about their own SyncUp Tracker device. Some T-Mobile phone support employees claim to be SyncUp Tracker technical support experts, but soon into the conversation it becomes obvious they are hardly familiar with the most rudimentary functions of the product.

A T-Mobile technical support employee I spoke with instructed to contact the manufacturer of the SyncUp Tracker, TCL. The T-Mobile representative provided me with the manufacturer’s phone number. I spoke with a representative from TCL and received a case number. The TCL employee told me that the only way a consumer could receive technical support from TCL was through a three-way phone call between a T-Mobile representative, a TCL agent and the consumer. I found a T-Mobile supervisor who was willing to initial the three-way phone call. The information provided by a TCL customer service agent was unequivocally worthless. The TCL representative provided no technical assistance whatsoever. The TCL agent could not even provide the initial preparatory steps required to update the SyncUp Tracker’s firmware.

The next day, I called TCL again and requested to speak with a TCL supervisor about the issue. I was hoping to initiate contact with TCL’s engineering department. The TCL phone representative said it would take 1 to 3 business days to receive a callback from a supervisor. The employee confirmed that TCL was the manufacturer for the SyncUp Tracker but insisted TCL could not provide any technical support for its product.

To be continued.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I never received a return phone call from a TCL supervisor, as promised by the TCL representative who scheduled the request. I contacted TCL and spoke to a so-called, customer service representative. I could not even get the TCL representative to admit that TCL was, in fact, the manufacturer of the SyncUp Tracker device. All I received was the runaround. The TCL representative was abjectly insolent and deliberately uncooperative. The representative couldn’t care less about a customer and provided me with no pertinent information about the malfunctioning SyncUp device. After I withstood a few minutes of the agent’s disrespectful, pointless responses, the TCL rep. disconnected the call. I immediately called TCL back and spoke to a different representative. Though the agent was a bit more courteous, my interaction with the agent proved to be just as useless. In a moment worthy of the movie, Five Easy Pieces, the TCL agent told me I could certainly schedule a callback from a TCL supervisor, but there was no guarantee a supervisor would ever respond to my request. I asked the agent if having a customer go through the time and trouble to request a callback from a supervisor makes any sense if TCL policy dictates such a request would not be fulfilled. The TCL agent chuckled and said she would rather not answer my question.

Receiving only apathy but no technical support from the manufacturer of the SyncUp Tracker device, I had no other choice but to deal with T-Mobile again to initiate a warranty claim. I spoke to a T-Mobile technical support agent who offered to provide me with a “five-star” refurbished SyncUp Tracker device carrying a paltry 90-day warranty. The T-Mobile representative could not guarantee me that the replacement device would have the latest firmware installed, or be free from any defect preventing the refurnished product from successfully updating its firmware. However, the T-Mobile agent did offer to credit the warranty exchange fee. Such a deal.

I have repeatedly reported the firmware update bugs through my phone’s SyncUp Tracker application over the past two months. I have yet to receive an email response from TCL or T-Mobile.

Badge

Firmware update keeps failing for me too and the battery doesn’t even last long enough without update so it’s almost useless. I ended up with 3 devices because the sales person told me they don’t cost anything which was not true, and when I tried to cancel the phone numbers attached to the devices, I was told to pay more than $100 for the devices or keep paying the monthly charges for the phone numbers for 3 years minimum to pay off the cost of the devices. This is a rip off. Anyone interested in starting a class action lawsuit?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I received an email reply from the manufacture of the SyncUp device, TCL. The TCL technical support person refused to supply any information about the procedure for updating the SyncUp Tracker’s firmware. TCL technical support wouldn’t go so far as to answer whether a new of refurbished SyncUp device would have the latest firmware update installed. Dealing with TCL, the manufacturer of the SyncUp Tracker was completely useless and a frustrating waste of time. The TCL representative kept passing the buck back to T-Mobile.

Since my device’s warranty was about to expire, I called T-Mobile to initiate a warranty claim. The tedious process took over an hour on the telephone. T-Mobile will provide me with a refurbished Sync Up Tracker. The device will carry a 90-day warranty. I should have the device in two to three business days. If the refurbished device is not shipped with the latest firmware update, or the device’s firmware cannot be updated to the most recent version, I informed T-Mobile I will be returning the device in exchange for a brand new SyncUp Tracker. T-Mobile will credit me the warranty exchange fee. I will keep the readers of this thread updated.

I think I can answer everybody's question here. All right so there's a couple different generations of the sync up drive Not sure if you have the original generation because I ran into an issue where something happened I can't remember for the life of me but T-Mobile replaced it and ended up giving me the new generation and I've never had the problem you guys are discussing. So ask T-Mobile to replace your device with the newest generation and you should be okay that's the only thing I can think of to do

Userlevel 2
Badge

My original SyncUp Tracker has a manufacturer date of July 2022. I attempted to update the device’s firmware since November 2023, without success. I ordered a warranty replacement, refurbished SyncUp device. In the meantime, I received an email about the problematic firmware update from TCL, the device manufacturer. TCL informed me that a firmware update fix was in the making and to expect a resolution sometime during the week of January 29, 2024.

I received my refurbished, warranty replacement device on January 24. Before I was ready to activate my warranty replacement, a T-Mobile tech support representative carelessly removed my original device from my account without notice. The action of the T-Mobile representative rendered my original SyncUp device “offline”. I called T-Mobile and spoke with another tech support representative to have my original SyncUp device restored. However, once activated, the device was still showing up in the SyncUp app as, offline. I had to power cycle the device to bring it online again. Once the device was online, the firmware updated successfully to the latest version.