Solved

Problem linking phone number to My T-Mobile.

• 31 May 2019
  • 9 replies

I've tried signing in to my t-mobile prepaid website to check my data, or pay bills, or to change plans. But everytime I sign in I get this message, I've called t-mobile 2 times, the first time the support guy on the phone said it is a problem from their side beside they have people working on the tower because of the 5G thats incoming, the 2nd time she told me that they had to delete my t-mobile account and make a new one using the same e-mail address, she told me to wait 8 days, I've waited almost a month, logged in, and the same message popped up again.

"Oh no! We have run into an issue when linking this number to the profile. Please contact our Care experts to get this resolved."

I recently switched plans from the $45 4GB of data a month to $40 10GB of data a month. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Before I switched to that plan My T-Mobile was working just fine I could do everything.

A screenshot of the message that keeps popping up everytime I sign in:

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 3 June 2019, 20:23

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues getting into your account after it was working just fine! Unfortunately we are limited to what we can access account wise here on a public community forum 😥 If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team so that they can check to see why your account seems to be stuck in some sort of limbo.

Hi Chris.

I have similar issue ("We have run into an issue when linking this number to the profile").  I saw many questions with similar problem on this community support, but I don't see any solution yet.  I don't have Facebook or Twitter account, how do I message your T-Force Team?  Please help to solve this issue.  Thanks in advance.

Like many others, I'm also having this issue. I've spent hours on the phone with T-mobile support and gotten nowhere. I can't send a message to the "T-Force Team" because I can't get far enough into my account log in to access this because of the "Oh No! ..." message.

I'm hoping this is actually looked at and taken seriously. I DO have a ticket #25328240 and I hope someone will look into it and maybe get back with me as I'm not spending any more of my time on the phone for T-Mobile to fix their issue. I have many other phone options that don't require this kind of frustration.

I wanted to follow-up for those stuck in the same predicament. If you can get onto the T-Mobile Facebook page, it is really the only way to go. In my limited experience (hours on the phone), the T-Mobile FB support team is far more knowledgeable and understanding. They haven't fixed my issue, yet, but at least I'm not feeling like I'm getting the run-around and they haven't given up.

As a final follow-up, my issue was SOLVED! Unfortunately, phone support for T-mobile is greatly lacking and left me very frustrated. I recommend anyone with T-mobile needing help should use the Facebook support page. RachaelTansey is the bomb; persistent and understanding!  😊

Badge

Can you update how it was resolved and what was the issue?

Any solution to this issue. Experiencing the same issue as others for the last several weeks. Phone support with escalation did not solve the issue. Twitter team never responded. Have upcoming bill that cannot be paid without being able to log into the account. 8 years with T-Mobile and beginning to feel the frustration. May have to move to another provider as wasting my time is NOT what I signed up for when I chose T-Mobile.

I cannot link my t-mobile number to my t-mobile account. I keep getting the same error message. I have called and chatted with t-mobile personnel many times and no solution. This is the error message:

Service Unavailable.

F451 : Uh-oh, it looks like we have our wires crossed. Please try again later.

If I stop paying my bill will t-mobile fix this? I want to change my credit card for auto pay and I cannot change the credit card information because of this error. I have wasted hours and hours on chat and telephone calls all to no avail.

To anyone else encountering this issue: here’s how I solved it: use mobile Safari on iOS (iPhone, not tablet).

Note: I’m overseas and on the $3 per month plan (keeps the number). My plan was overdue (I skip months because why not -- I’ve gone 3 months without paying my balance and after topping up my number was still valid - YMMV).

Logging in to my account using Safari on my Mac repeatedly generated these errors. The errors vary but the gist is that nothing was doable. I would get this error after confirming the secret code they text me. I tried using the iPhone app and that also failed. 

After several repeated attempts to gain access to my account I decided to try loggin in to my account using my iPhone and it worked.

One issue I initially ran into in the past was that (when overseas) the country field for United States was greyed out. Genius. If you scroll down to the bottom of that list you’ll see an option for (the) United States. It worked. 

Whether the order of operations matters -- I don’t know. I just know it worked for me. I also have to say that there have been times where I have not been able to login using the mobile browser, so who knows that’s up with that (adblockers, luck, ...).

Considering T-Mobile’s market capitalization of 172B it goes to show how rampant incompetence runs within this organization. 

Recap: logged in via desktop (Safari Mac) - no dice. Tried mobile Safari on iPhone and it worked.

Hope this helps anyone else dealing with this absurd situation.