T-life not working on your (older) phone?

• 14 February 2024
  • 14 replies

Badge

Hey all,

Anyone else not able to use the new App due to age of your phone? Figured we could all whine together.

Ciao,

ACD

14 replies

The new app is requiring iOS 16 and up for, best I can tell, no reason whatsoever other than to try force you to upgrade phones. Either way, it's disingenius at best and has me quite upset with T-Mobile at this point. Considering I just invested in a new screen for one phone and battery for both, there's no way I'm upgrading my phones to make them work with this app.

Same issue when trying to install Life.

Android Version 8.1.0

“This app won’t work for your device”

Can Tmobile provide a viable option to install Life, given my Android version. I do not want upgrade my OS.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here.   Requires Android OS 9.0 or above.   I am stuck at 8.0 with no future updates available.

This is ridiculous to require OS 9.0 or higher.   My device has apps far more complicated

than T-Life Tuesday and they all run fine.   This is the only app that is giving me a problem.

I would like to see T-Mobile fix this compatibility issue or make T-Life available

as a website link to view and buy benefits due to customers.

Ken

I complained about this over a week ago and T-Mobile said they were working on a workaround by making a web version of this and it would be ready soon. I still haven’t gotten an update and am not holding my breath for it. 

Badge

Tsmurf - that’s a positive development. Thank you for poking them.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

What is the T-Life app, and what have I been missing?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Every Tuesday T-Mobile has special deals.  This depends on the type of service you

have with your cellphone.  This coming Spring they will offer free MLB.

Down load the app and it will become clear.

Ken

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Every Tuesday T-Mobile has special deals.  This depends on the type of service you

have with your cellphone.  This coming Spring they will offer free MLB.

Down load the app and it will become clear.

Ken

Thanks!

I went ahead and downloaded the app. So far I see a free sandwich at Wendy’s and something about internet and some Samsung ads. It might be helpful when we go down to the big city where there are fastfood restaurants, but apparently I need some sort of Wendy’s app too.

Anyhow, this is interesting. I can’t believe I had never heard of this app. I’ve only been with T-Mobile for over 20 years, since before smartphone apps even existed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Pretty interesting. A lot of more things popped up today, Tuesday. Sadly, most of them are aimed at city folk who live near places like fastfood and convenience stores.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I miss looking at Tuesday list of benefits.    Any news on a fix for my perfectly working

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge OS 8.0 (no further updates available) with the Tuesday app being

the only app on my phone not working?

Ken

Any news about a workaround for the TLife app on older phones? My phone can’t run iOS 16, so I’m boxed out of the current mlb.tv deal. It’s frustrating.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are there any good deals showing up on Tuesday lately?   T-Mobile Tuesday no longer

works on my Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge 8.0 OS.   Its the only app on my phone that doesn’t work.

My phone is at it’s last OS update.   Needing OS 9 for such a simple app is over kill considering

I run far more complicated apps on my phone that only require as high as 6.0 OS.  

When is T-mobile going to fix their app for wider compatibility or worst case make a simple

web page link to view all the deals.

Ken

Same here.   Requires Android OS 9.0 or above.   I am stuck at 8.0 with no future updates available.

This is ridiculous to require OS 9.0 or higher.   My device has apps far more complicated

than T-Life Tuesday and they all run fine.   This is the only app that is giving me a problem.

I would like to see T-Mobile fix this compatibility issue or make T-Life available

as a website link to view and buy benefits due to customers.

Ken

Userlevel 1
Badge

Has anyone received a reply from T-Mobile on this app problem?   I hope T-Mobile

doesn’t take this long when someone has different type of problem with T-Mobile.

Ken

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issue when trying to install Life.

Android Version 8.1.0

“This app won’t work for your device”

Can Tmobile provide a viable option to install Life, given my Android version. I do not want upgrade my OS.

Same problem here with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge OS 8.0.   I am very disappointed no replies from Tmobile on these posts.   Its like the don’t care