Solved

randomly not receiving text message

• 7 December 2019
  • 11 replies

i can 100% times get personal message.

but for like 10% of the business texts like for some in-store text coupon or some APP verification text, i can't get anything...

it has been like this for 2 years. and today i found i can't recieve a very important verification message. and this was so frustrating...

guys, did you have the same issue? any clue? thanks

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 19 December 2019, 17:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4

Hmm.

What account type do you happen to have? Some accounts have limited short code options. If you're not on an account with limitations, it's likely an issue with the short codes being viewed as spam and therefore blocked, which is something we can look into!

-Lauren

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Lauren makes a really good point. What account type are you set up with?

hi Lauren,

for example if i want to set up Target APP with my number, i can't recieve their verification text.

my wife, in the same tmobile plan, somehow can recieve that text. (so i have to use her number for my target.com account)

BR,

Zhulin

and during these 2 yrs, i have been using 3 phones, this randomlly bussniess text missing has happened with all 3 phones, so i guess it has nothing to do with phone.

very likely to be my tmobile account issue?

i just have a personal account.

hi mike,

it happened with a lot APPs verification, like Target account phone number set up.

Userlevel 4

Thanks for the additional info!

Can you specifically tell me what rate plan you're on? That will indicate what account type you're on!

-Lauren

Userlevel 3

Hey there! It sounds like you may have short codes blocked on your account. Take a look at your account to see if you have a "content block" on your account: Content Blocking​.

hi Lauren,

I have a tmobile ONE plan. i have 7 lines in my plan.

thanks

hi Amanda,

Thanks for the information.

i checked the Conten Blocking link you sent, and it seems among all the block-options, none is selected to be blocked.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Make sure “receive service messages” or “ sms delivery reports”  is selected and turned on. That’s all it is...

It’s somewhere in YOUR text settings in your phone.