$150 T-Mobile Home Internet Rebate Scam

• 1 November 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

T-Mobile $150 rebate is a scam.

I signed up did what they said to do.

Check status 2 months later and it says denied.

16 replies

Same thing happened to me.  This was for T Mobile home internet.  I was wondering what happened to my rebate as I signed up in October and it is now mid December.  When I check the status, it says the rebate was denied.  Why?  On their status page it says:

Ineligible activation source

Whatever that means.  I have yet to speak with customer service as it is a Sunday.   Will update if this ends well. 

Badge

Last December they had a rebate for $100 when i signed up.  I never received my  rebate either even though it was approved.  Reached out multiple times only to be promised a physical card would be mailed to me.  Never did receive it. 

I was also denied because of “Ineligible Activation Source”. I called customer service and after a bunch of phone tag they eventually said they would issue me a $150 credit to my account instead of the card.

I got the same denial.  They scammed us all, hoping most people will forget and not escalate.  

The same thing happened to me.  After 2 months, claim was denied.  I called customer service and then was transferred to promotions service.  They made it right.  They said the reason I was denied is because I registered my rebate (too quickly) BEFORE my home internet account had ‘batched through’ the accounting system.  And that was probably true because I wasted no time and registered my rebate only a couple of hours after opening the new account.

Anyways, the rep gave me the option of receiving a ‘virtual gift card’ via email OR just crediting my account for $150 dollars.  I opted for credit to my account.  

By the time I hung-up from the call and logged into my account, the $150 credit had already posted.  Since then, TM has deducted $50 for my October bill and that leaves me with $100 credit.  It will be nice to NOT have an internet bill for 3 months!

I had the same thing happen to me.  I was denied the first time for “ineligible activation source”.  I called customer service and they said I was eligible.  They didn’t know why I was denied.  The customer service agent resubmitted the rebate on October 30th and said that it would be about 8 weeks.  I logged on today to check the status and it said it was denied again.  This is truly a scam.  

• add me to that list. And the so-called customer service with reps that cannot be understood. T-mobile is not what is used to be.

So if T-Mobile ships the device, sets it up so it can activated. My question is how can it be denied for Ineligible Activation? I’m really disliking about everything that T-Mobile does or doesn’t do. Four days now local tower has been down, no cell phone access at home. It’s a good thing I don’t use the internet service at home or I would have no backup. WTH.

I just ordered the internet 12/30, received it on 1/3 and set it up. Works great, I really like it. Went to rebate page to sign up for my 150 rebate but needed a code.  I called today to find out where to find that code and the rebate center said I was not eligible for any rebate! I clearly remember seeing the instructions for the $150 when I signed up, other wise I would not have ordered it.  She checked again and said I was not eligible.  While I was waiting I was searching and found a code for $150 and asked if that was it and she said that was another code and if I was eligible, I’d get an email for the code.  I explained she was the rebate center and should know if I was or not. She could not answer so I told her to cancel; she transferred me to care department. 

Care department went through process and asked how she did, if I was satisfied with her service, I said no. I said you lost a customer because of this rebate scam.  She told me that the $150 promos ended on 12/27 and then I explained I found a code for $150 (230173). She checked and said that code started on 01/04. SO here I am, supposedly the rebate ended 12/27 and a new on started 01/04 - I ordered my unit on 12/30 and set it up on 01/03.  

Although I am quite certain I saw the $150 rebate when I ordered it, I am told I am not eligible for ANY rebate.  I cancelled a couple hours ago and am going to the store to return it. I have 2 lines with T-Mobile, for about 7 years (maybe longer), and will be looking to switch to an other carrier.  The bigger they get, the less customer service is shown.  It is a scam. They truly do not care about their customers. 

It’s all about principle. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Classic T-Mobile. Offer a promo and then “mistakenly” dont apply it to the bill. This is their MO for everything.  We dumped them recently after almost 30 years because of their baloney lies and games. Don’t take it! Leave!

Same thing happened to me it’s a con made me jump through all those hoops and still didn’t get the treat 

Dear T-Mobile Customer Service,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my deep dissatisfaction regarding the non-receipt of a $150 Visa card rebate that was promised as part of a promotion.

I fulfilled all the necessary requirements outlined in the promotion, including timely activation and adherence to the terms and conditions. However, despite my compliance, the promised rebate has not been received, causing significant frustration and disappointment.

I value T-Mobile as my service provider, but this experience has tarnished my perception of the company. It is disheartening to see a lack of follow-through on commitments made to loyal customers.

I kindly request immediate attention to this matter and the prompt issuance of the $150 Visa card rebate as promised. Failure to address this concern promptly will compel me to reconsider my loyalty to T-Mobile.

Your urgent action in resolving this issue is not only expected but crucial in maintaining customer trust and satisfaction. I look forward to a swift resolution and a positive response from T-Mobile.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Well, I'm disheartened to hear all this. I too have been duped into signing up for service with the promise of a TV.  I've been in touch with t-mobile twice and they have verified I'm registered and qualified. 

It's been 6 of the 10 weeks they say before I'll get the link and code. I'll just have to see what happens.

It won't break my heart to leave t-mobile, I'm getting at best 5mbs and it shuts off every night at 11:30-11:45.  

Internet "service" ?

I was screwed from the start. Got my home internet on 1/21/24, it is now 1/29/24 and I just realized that they gave me a rebate code from 2021 that "starts" 1/06/22.…💀

Like wtf? I guess my T-mobile just has papers from 2-3 years ago lying around.  So if anyone has an updated rebate code they can share please let me know and I'll try my luck 😅

Samething happened to me. Trying to find a lawyer that will go after them.

Badge

Signed up 5 months ago for 5g internet.  Informed I would get $50 prepaid card after 120 days. Have heard nothing as of yet.