Question

5g Box KEEPS DROPPING ! ! !

• 27 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Bro. My 5g box keeps Losing signal every 20 minutes and I have to keep restarting it. T mobile is COMPLETE TRASH. I don’t even want to pay my bill today. Switching services. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

If you have the Arcadyan gateway you might reseat the SIM card and try that. Some people have reported SIM card issues but it is the SIM holder does not work well. You might, if inclined, go to a T-Mobile store with the gateway, explain the behavior and see if they will swap it for a Sagemcon gateway. I have not seen SIM card issues reported with that one. 

If the SIM card in the slot of the Arcadyan is a bit loose I have seen some users report using a shim to make it firmer. Not well, right but might be a short term workaround. OR go discuss it with T-Mobile support or just move on. 

I can’t say for sure that is the problem but given the SIM holds the keys to the kingdom, so to speak, it might be it is not making proper contacts and the services fall due to the SIM not providing the proper information to the servers upstream.

If you are at the end of your rope. OK then. I understand that too.