Question

5g Home internet not working for some services

• 14 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I recently trying Tmobile 5g home internet  my signal strength is good and Wfi setup is good speed are good , Unable to get some ip based services (IP TV) with mobile network but same working with other ISP I already have  and also observed its working when I connected to VPN also is it Tmobile block some networks are is it black holing some traffic .. or its dns resolution issue I can't modify dns settings in Internet router ….. Does anyone have same issue did you find any solution 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

T-Mobile is not blocking anything. It's not clear if you are trying to connect a “smart” TV or an external device, like Apple TV or Roku. I can only tell you I have three TVs, all connected to Apple TV 4K devices, and they all see the WiFi signal generated by the T-Mobile gateway.

One thing to troubleshoot is that your WiFi network doesn't have the Hidden switch enabled. Use the phone app to check this setting. Launch the T-Mobile app and tap the Network tab on the bottom, then tap your network. Scroll down and see if the Hidden switch is enabled. If it is, slide it to the “Off” position, scroll further down and then click Save. Your gateway will reboot.

If that doesn't work, you may need to create an additional, downgraded WiFi network with WPA/WPA2 as your security.

Good luck!