Question

Another unhappy TMHI user with unexplainable network issues

• 8 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Another user here with TMHI.  When it works, it is good.  I can average 35-45 down, which is perfectly fine for us.  However, over the past three weeks, the service has been completely unreliable.  I work from home so I am very aware of network issues.  I am a system engineer so I know my network.  I have called into support only to have them tell me the router is connected, which is actually a true statement.  I typically have 3 bars on the Arcadyan and the useless phone app shows the internet is connected.  They have no abiliity or understanding beyond “the router is connected”.  I have done their “reset”.  I have a PC hard wired to the router.  I run traceroutes.  This is 100% on THMI and they don’t have a care in the world about it.  Fortunately for us, we have fiber being laid in our subdivision and will soon be able to have another option for home internet.  I really want TMHI to work as it is a great solution, but they only care about getting sign ups and not actually doing any capacity planning or upgrades to keep the customers they have.  So sad….

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@scheerce did you use the Placement Assistant when you set up your gateway? It also helps to make sure the antennas are pointing in the correct direction. We figured that out by rotating the gateway about 1/8th of a turn and checking the 5G metrics on the TMI app. 

I hope this helps. 

Badge

Did everything I could possibly do to help the situation.  My connection to the TM tower is good.  It is once it hits their infrastructure that it goes south.

Badge
Here are today’s stats, and nothing is wrong….. great service.