Anyone have to replace their HOME $50 device ?

• 30 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Device has worked well for the year since I bout it, but the last two days the Internet connection drops over and over each hour!  Simple setup - no other devices in-between using the WiFi for laptops and cell phones.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I've replaced (upgraded) mine.  Typically, these are done online, and you'll receive a replacement and return your existing with label.

I did however recently replace (upgrade) from Arcadyan KVD21 to Arcadyan G4se.

While I didn't have true issues outside of mediocre service, I did exchange it at the local store.  I was told that stores typically do not exchange.  Fortunately this was a manager, who actually told me this, and I received their first g4SE gateway that arrived same day.  Performance is better.

Badge

Did you have to “push” them to send the replacement, or was it a simple process?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Tbh, it was a bit strange.   Back when the g4se first came out, i thought that id try over the phone.  I was told 2 things. 

1. The performance from my device metrics show that my service is good, so they have no reason to replace (this was true .. they claim better than 100Mbps)
  2. If i exchanged it, it would be whatever device was in stock.

With that ,  i thought lets see if the stores have any .. nope.   Also was told they don't do exchanges.

After a few months and happened be in the mall, and thought why not ask.  I was told they ‘just’ got a shipment in, and they could exchange.   Came back. A week later, and asked.  The manager said, they don’t typically exchange,  and they ‘just’ received their shipment of g4se, and she exchanged on the spot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11