Question

app not.working for devices

• 8 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I need to be able to turn off and on devices with the APP. Once in awhile I can but most of the time after I click on DEVICES it comes up with with gateway error. I want to be able to see what services are connected to my Internet and be able to use the schedule to turn them on and off.  I got a new gateway tower but that didn't change the issue  has anyone found a solution to this very troublesome situation?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Tyqndo, which gateway do you have?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This is a common problem, and I don’t know of a solution. I have noticed that I usually see most of my devices immediately after rebooting the gateway.  I have never looked into scheduling so I don’t know if I could schedule them at that time, and if so, would it stick?  If this is a deal breaker, you might need to attach a Wi-Fi router/access point to your gateway.  

T-Mobile if you are reading this:  Please give customers more options in the browser (192.168.12.1).  You dumbed it down way too much.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@Tyqndo I had a similar situation to yours. I resolved it by adding a wifi router, the Netgear MR60. The T-Mobile gateway (whichever one you have) is designed to provide you access to the T-Mobile cellular network, providing internet access. The gateways to not have robust features like firewall, NAT, or DHCP management. For more features, purchase a wifi router and configure it so that all devices point to the wifi router for internet access, and the router gets its internet access from the gateway (via ethernet cable). 

This TPLink should work fine: https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-AC1200-Router-Archer-A54/dp/B09G5Y1HWZ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3BY8IW7HYONOT&keywords=wifi%2Brouter&qid=1691504584&sprefix=wifi%2Brouter%2Caps%2C199&sr=8-4&th=1

Let us know how it works.

Badge

@Tyqndo, which gateway do you have?

Nok 5g21

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Tyqndo, I have the Arcadyan KVD21 and never had an issue with the “Devices” tab not working.  Recently though, I too added a TP-Link router (the Archer AX21).  The TP-Link Tether app has a very funtional “Parental Controls” feature.