Solved

Band B12

• 24 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

My grey gateway stuck on B12 and slow speeds, used to get B71 and all was well. What should I do ?

icon

Best answer by henry51 24 October 2023, 22:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@zplugger, rebooting the gateway might get it connect to your preferred band. If that doesn't do it, you might try moving and/or rotating a bit the gateway and then rebooting it.

Badge

Thanks Henry51

I did do the reset and no luck, I have external antenna Waveform 2x2 on it. I tried moving the antenna and no luck, stuck on B12, I used to get B71 and it worked ok for me. Streaming now buffers so I might have to change provider. T Mobile has been great for the last two years, not sure what happened. Was thinking about taking the gateway closer to the tower and see if it will switch,I guess I should hook enternal antennas back up first. Getting 3 bars but it will not move off B12.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@zplugger, I have the Arcadyan KVD21 gateway without an external antenna and my LTE connection will sometimes be band b66 and other times b2.  My 5G connection will sometime be band n41 and sometimes band n66. I usually have just 2 bars (weak), despite the 5G connection usually having an RSRP of -92.  That gives me plenty of download speed for my needs. I really don’t have any other suggestion except to try to orient your gateway (or antenna, if attached) towards a different tower.  And reboot, reboot, reboot…  🙂

Badge

Morning Henry51

Did a little test today, rehooked up internal antennas on my trashcan and headed for the tower 2.5 miles away. With tower insight all I could get was B12 with 5 bars. Did a reboot and the same. Drove the block around the tower and did reboot every time I stopped and B12 is only connection I could get. Thinking T Mobile is only sending B12 from my tower for internet users, could this be? I did hook to different antenna numbers from the tower but only got B12. Should I contact T Mobile on my finding because maybe there is a problem. I used to always get 27215423 signal. Maybe they over sold my rural area.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@zplugger, are getting getting on a 5G band (n41, n71, ...) besides LTE band b12?  I’m also in a rural area (Vermont) and I would assume I’m happy with my speeds just because my area has not been oversold. I’ve only had TMO HI for 10 months, but (so far) I’ve had no issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yeah, call TM...maybe the 5G bands are down for service.