Question

Bandwidth dies every afternoon

• 9 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

For the past few weeks my internet bandwidth drops from  80M - 180M to under 1M, and often completely drops out.  Router reboots (Hard and soft) as well as system resets do not resolve the problem.  This happened a few months back but got better.  Current  situation is untenable.

3 replies

I am seeing the exact same thing.  
Just talked with T-Mo level 2 support and they said they are aware of the problem and a new firmware fix is coming….HOWEVER, digging into this forum you will find they have been telling people the same thing for 10 months now.

Check out what is happening with pings.  I’m seeing    The Jitter is out of control.

A few months ago power cycling the TMHI box would get us back to something reasonably exciting (~200/25), but for the past month that only works about 30% of the time, and even then it doesn’t last very long before I’m seeing speeds down in the 1Mbps range.  Seriously!  Still connected, but at the speed of a dialup modem.  

What is interesting is that my iPhone 13 hotspot will consistently deliver over 300Mbs with vastly better ping rates.

Poking around on the net suggests that the Arcadyan kvd21 firmware is crap.