Solved

Can't see New 5G Gateway name in my list of available wifi networks

• 6 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have two Dell laptops, one is on Windows 11 and the other is a bit older and can only go to Windows 10. I bought a new Tmobile 5G gateway. The newer Dell sees both Wifi names (2.4GHaz and 5GHtz). No problem. The other Dell running Windows 10 doesn’t see either Wife Channel. I have tried everything: new Bios, manual entry of the names and specs, I’m at the end of possible resources to fix this. Dell blames the Gateway. T-Mobile blames Dell. 

icon

Best answer by pphw 6 March 2023, 02:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Maybe your old Dell doesn’t like the combined bands with 1 SSID.  There are reports of IOT devices having problems. Try creating a new 2.4ghz SSID and see if your Win10 Dell picks it up.

One thing I noticed with my Arcyadia gateway is that it goes into DFS bands sometimes and my Roku would not see it.  I was scratching my head for the longest time until I used Wifi Scanner app (android) to find that out.  Then I forgot about it later and scratched my head again.  Only to rediscover the DFS channel issue. LOL

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hmm, I’ve noticed a similar quirk --- using an Arcadyan gateway.  When using the WIFI ANALYZER app on my Moto phone, the gateway SSID will occasionally not appear.  This has not caused a problem for ME (yet) because I connect the gateway to a separate router and use the latter SSID for wifi connections.  I sympathize with you but cannot offer a solid solution.  Well, I’ll let you know that similar situations exist for others.      

Badge

The t-mobile router doesn't work with some Dell computers.  T-mobile Philippines super was clueless.  I solved the problem by connecting via a wifi extender.