Question

Can you set up the Home Internet using Ipad

• 28 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

My son has the new Home Internet (grey canister). He downloaded the TMobile Internet app on his IPad tablet to configure it, but it doesn't accept the password that's on the gateway canister.

Does the app require initial configuration on a smartphone or computer to set up or is this a faulty gateway canister?

3 replies

Hi, I have the Home Internet (grey canister) and an Ipad Pro. The Ipad needs wifi or a cellular plan in order to download the tmobile app and use it to set up the internet. Once that is done you can download the internet app onto the Ipad and configure from there. You can change the password, user id, check status, check signal thru the app.  Hope that was helpful. 

Badge

Thank you. He downloaded the app onto his iPad using an existing internet. When he tries to set up the TMobile Gateway it doesn't recognize the password from the bottom of the canister. I was thinking maybe it was a TABLET problem since everywhere in the instructions say to download the app to a "smart phone or computer."

@Espiritus It sounds like the password may have been changed from the default at some point, possibly the device had been set up by someone else before you received it. I’d suggest a factory reset, which should restore the password back to the original default.

To factory-reset the Home Internet device, look for a small hole located just above the ethernet ports in the back. There’s a reset button in there. Using something like a straightened paperclip, press the button and hold it in until the top of the device shows “Release for Factory Reset”. (If you release it too soon, it’ll reboot but not reset the password.)

That should get you back to a state where you can set up the Home Internet from scratch.