Question

Cisco AnyConnect VPN issue with T-Mobile

Badge

New user here. T-Mobile Home Internet works fine at home. However, I do encounter the problem to use VPN. My gateway is ARC KVD21, not Nokia. What is the solution to this issue? Do I need to contact T-Mobile technical group?

12 replies

I am right there with you, Jack.  I have the Nokia and am having problems with this over the last couple of weeks.

My upload speed goes from

49Mbps off VPN

to

0.07Mbps on VPN

Several calls getting Tier 1 support techs and they treat me like I am 2 years old.

I just got my Arc KVD21 setup as well and I can use my works Cisco AnyConnect VPN for like 1 minute and then I just get “not connected to internet” anytime i try to do something while connected. If I disconnect from VPN everything works fine. I saw the Nokia device had a firmware update to resolve Cisco AnyConnect issues in the past, so hopefully we will get one as well?

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

My company tech’s told me to check the box in the Cisco AnyConnect Settings     

Check   Allow local (LAN) acccess when using VPN (if configured)  

It now works.

Badge

I have been worked on this issue since 06/06/2022. It looks like the problem is not on the Cisco AnyConnect or T-Mobile but on the IP protocols. Last night I have succussed in fixing “the site is not available” due to the DNS server.  I will get back to this issue after more tests.

My company tech’s told me to check the box in the Cisco AnyConnect Settings     

Check   Allow local (LAN) acccess when using VPN (if configured)  

It now works.

Thanks! Checking the box for that setting seems to have fixed my issue as well!

Hmm I am also experiencing issues with Cisco AnnyConnect and my T-Mobile Alcatel hotspot. I tried rebooting factory settings and toggling the Allow local access options -- which worked for a week or so--but I am now seeing the “Unable to contact ___” error. 

I am considering setting up a secondary (travel) router to see if that would fix the issue, but curious if there are other workarounds. Thanks for any insight!

Badge

To make a long story short if your company support dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 you should be fine. Unfortunately, my case is that they only support IPv4. The solution to my case is to disable my laptop IPv6. However, it does have some side effects. Hence, discuss it with your IT team before you do so. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, very helpful! Appreciate the insight.

Checking  Allow local (LAN) acccess when using VPN (if configured) worked for me. I also selected the “First_Time_Connect” server (don’t know if that’s a universal option). I’m online now via T-mobile for the first time in two weeks.

Hello,

I am facing issue with cisco anyconnect vpn and tmobile 5g home internet. without VPN works great with 350+mbps speed. But with VPN, it connect-disconnect every 5 min. I debugged issue with company IT tech and they told me that its Internet provider issue.

I called Tmobile tech and she mentioned that T mobile home internet not work well with VPN as it keep changing IP address. 

How it is working for you ? Any suggestion will help me. If i can not resolve this issue then unfortunately have to disconnect tmobile home internet.  Personally I dont want to do that.

I tried below -

1. Cisco any connect support IPv4 so disabled Ipv'6 on t mobile device.
  2. created separate network in t mobile app and using that for just my company laptop
  3. Cisco any connect enabled “Allow local (LAN) access when using VPN” 

Hello,

I am facing issue with cisco anyconnect vpn and tmobile 5g home internet. without VPN works great with 350+mbps speed. But with VPN, it connect-disconnect every 5 min. I debugged issue with company IT tech and they told me that its Internet provider issue.

I called Tmobile tech and she mentioned that T mobile home internet not work well with VPN as it keep changing IP address. 

How it is working for you ? Any suggestion will help me. If i can not resolve this issue then unfortunately have to disconnect tmobile home internet.  Personally I dont want to do that.

I tried below -

1. Cisco any connect support IPv4 so disabled Ipv'6 on t mobile device.
  2. created separate network in t mobile app and using that for just my company laptop
  3. Cisco any connect enabled “Allow local (LAN) access when using VPN” 

I’m right there with you since thanksgiving of 2022 I had been with T-Mobile internet since Feb 2022 no issues but all of sudden Cisco jabber vpn connects then disconnects every 5 mins I have to restart and unplug internet almost 4 times before it connects fully. All T-Mobile can tell me is disconnect vpn okay does it work now? Like yea now but it’s taken me 4 times. 

I’m right there with you since thanksgiving of 2022 I had been with T-Mobile internet since Feb 2022 no issues but all of sudden Cisco jabber vpn connects then disconnects every 5 mins I have to restart and unplug internet almost 4 times before it connects fully. All T-Mobile can tell me is disconnect vpn okay does it work now? Like yea now but it’s taken me 4 times.