Citrix Workspace app issues

• 20 April 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge

I have seen that T-Mobile Home Internet and Citrix workspace app does not play well together. Latency is on the higher side on the Home internet and Citrix freezes. This has been a real pain while working from home. I hope the upgraded 5G home internet device resolves this issue.

9 replies

Have issues with my work computer too! VPN locks me out mid day. Don't have a clue why. 

I'm having that issue currently - just switched to T-Mobile internet a few days ago, and now suddenly I can't connect to FileMaker in Citrix. The IT department has been trying to fix it all day.

Have issues with my work computer too! VPN locks me out mid day. Don't have a clue why. 

Have you contacted them about this issue? I need more ppl other than just me to call about this so they fix it. I can't access programs in Citrix that I need for work it disconnects.

We’re having exactly the same issue with Citrix workspace since switching to 5G home internet. Works perfectly on our old ISP, but very problematic with T-Mobile.

Does calling support do any good, or just an exercise in frustration?

Contacting them is a pointless Exercise in frustration. I contacted them so many times via multiple platforms and nobody took me seriously, they just blamed it on Citrix, or did connection troubleshooting. ITS NOT THE INTERNET CONNECTION SPEED!!!!. I ended up switching, and not a single issue since then. 

Since switching to T-Mobile internet have issues connecting and staying connected.  Also use Citrix Workspace.  As soon as I switch to prior ISP works fine.

They're not interested in fixing the issues with connecting to Citrix. I talked to 5 different people and nobody helped. Our IT department even issued me a new laptop just in case it was a computer issue, which it wasn't.

I  finally ended up switching to a different ISP. No issues since switching. If you want Citrix to work you'll have to switch. 

I’m having horrible Citrix issues but it appears to happen only when connecting to the interent via T-Mobile’s system.  At home, I have the t-mobile home internet.  Originally, I had no citrix connection problems with this system but since around September, I started having issues.  While in the past connection problems were more sporadic, now they are persisistent, daily, practically unresolvable.  This happens whether I connect through the t-mobile HI gateway via wifi or via cable.  

Today, I tried connecting my laptop via wifi to my t-mobile iPhone after setting it up as a personal hotspot.  Again, Citrix workspace app desktop client simply would not launch. Ever.  Then I got to the office, connected to office visitor wifi, and ran the login.  On the office wifi, Citrix workspace app desktop client launched successfully, flawlessly, seamlessly on the very first try.  0 issues.  Thus, it’s pretty clear the problem is the t-mobile system.

NOTE: The office wifi has about ½ the download speed of t-mobile personal hotspot router (150mbps vs as high as 486mbps), twice the seek time (59ms vs 29ms), but still works just fine.  This definitely looks like a t-mobile system problem, not a personal laptop problem!  Exact same PC, 20 minutes apart, success on first try when not on t-mobile’s system vs 30 minutes, 100% failure, when using t-mobile to get to the internet.  Fix this now, t-mobile, or I’ll find other providers.

Badge

Same issue, Tmobile blamed it on the work VPN. I can not access Citrix, I'm going back to Optimum.