Question

Devices

• 31 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

After switching from Spectrum to TMobile internet I'have 4 devices -  Epson printer, Google Mini Nest, Sonos Beam and Sonos Sub Woofer - that are configured for the network but cannot be 'found' by their respective apps.  How do I resolve this?

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The first thing to look at is if the Hidden switch is set to On. Launch the T-Mobile phone app, then tap the Network tab on the bottom of the screen. Then tap your network that was created during the installation. Scroll down to the Hidden switch and make sure it is turned OFF. Scroll down and tap Save. Your gateway will reboot and your network will be visible.

If that doesn't help, try creating a second network. Again, use the T-Mobile phone app, tap Network on the bottom, then the + sign on the bottom right. Configure the new network as 2.4 GHz only, give it a unique name (SSID) and set WPA to WPA/WPA2. Scroll down and make sure the Hidden switch is turned OFF, then tap Save. Your gateway will restart and your new network will be available.

Clear out all existing network information for the devices you’re trying to connect to.

For the devices that won't connect to your primary network, try connecting them to the second network you just created. I bet you'll be up and running in no time!

Good luck!