Solved

disabled devices in T-mobile home internet

• 25 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I was wondering where you can find your disabled devices on the T-mobile home internet app or website if that still even works anymore. It was accidentally disabled and now I can't find it anywhere and that devices is left without wifi.

icon

Best answer by bocaboy2591 29 April 2023, 13:05

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If you disabled it from the T-Mobile app, it should still be there, under the Devices tab in the phone app. If it doesn't appear there, you might have to reset the locked-out device and establish a new connection to your WiFi.

Good luck!

Badge

If you disabled it from the T-Mobile app, it should still be there, under the Devices tab in the phone app. If it doesn't appear there, you might have to reset the locked-out device and establish a new connection to your WiFi.

Good luck!

Thank you, I'll have to try that out instead since it isn't appearing anywhere in the Devices tab even when I restarted the wifi.

Badge

I wish it would've worked but it didn't and now I can't see my scheduled devices that I've personally disabled :) I accidentally pressed solved but it's still... unsolved 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@Metamorphosis, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having this problem. I realize this is stating the obvious, but how did you disable them in the first place? It would have to be from the app that manages the device, e.g., the Wemo app, or directly from the T-Mobile app under Devices. I can't imagine how else you could have done it. I have a dozen smart switches of my own, and if I wanted to disable them, that’s how I would have done it. Have you tried searching for the device by its MAC number with an external IP finder app? Also, you're saying that a hard reset to factory settings on the device failed to restore it?

Let us know, and we'll see if we can't find the problem. Can you give us the name and model of one of the devices that is giving you the problem?

Good luck!

I’m having the same issue. I disabled my sons Alexa on accident trying to disable his PlayStation and now I cannot undo it. The device completely disappeared off the list of Devices. Hard reset did not fix my problem on either device. 
we have like 10 devices connected and most of the Time the app only registers 4 or 5 at most. Never all. 

So I am having this issue as well but with my robot vacuum! Devastated! 

i used the app to disconnect it a few weeks ago (I didn’t know what  exactly I was disconnecting as it just said “device”) to see if I could get something to run faster on the internet. I used to have 12 things connected to my list. Now I only have 9. One of those must have been my vacuum. I have deleted the entire vacuum off my shark app and reinstalled it from scratch and it still will not connect. It’s like it’s banned forever with that IP address or whatever it links with. I cannot have a $400 vacuum not work now because it’s been disowned by the T-Mobile app. There is no way to me to reconnect it? Has anyone had success in the last 2 months???

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I'd check the device(s) itself. Confirm it's configured for DHCP and that the gateway address (192.168.12.1) is correctly listed. If you're on a Mac, you can use the Network app in System Settings to renew your DHCP lease. (System Settings/Network/WiFi and click the “Details...” button. From the side panel, choose TCP/IP and then click the “Renew DHCP Lease” button. If you're on a PC, there should be an equivalent configuration under network settings. 

If it still doesn't reconnect, try giving the device(s) a static address (192.168.12.x) with one not currently in use. Use the gateway address (192.168.12.1) for the router address and 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask.

If all of that fails, you'll have to call Support and find out how to add back a deleted device.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

I'm not sure that anybody actually posted the answer to this. It's actually pretty simple once I figured it out, login on another phone or device to the T-Mobile Wi-Fi app and give access to the other device simply by making sure that that device is logged into your T-Mobile internet Wi-Fi. Even though it won't have an internet connection it will be visible.

I'm not sure that anybody actually posted the answer to this. It's actually pretty simple once I figured it out, login on another phone or device to the T-Mobile Wi-Fi app and give access to the other device simply by making sure that that device is logged into your T-Mobile internet Wi-Fi. Even though it won't have an internet connection it will be visible.

WOW your a life saver. I was messing around in the device list and i thought i was removing devices i no longer used. I disabled one that said google android 9. i thought it was my old phone cause i use iphone now. Well it wasnt. It was my fire tv stick. I could not for the life of me figure out why my fire tv wouldnt connect to my wifi but everything else would. I have been searching  off and on all night looking for a solution and came up with nothing until i just found this thread. I use my old android phone i just mentioned to login to the app like you said. I did have to reset the gateway password using the default password on the back of the gateway but that was simple. Once i reset the PW i went in the app and went to devices and sure enough that google android 9 was there and it said disabled. I opened it and enabled it again and now everything is back to normal. Thank you so much Restricted text to my ass. Thanks for taking the time to help. I factory reset the fire tv and everything. It was weird because i just got my new fire tv 4k max 2nd gen today and i thought amazon disabled my old device so i would use the new one hahaha. so im not losing much because im going to setup the new device later today.

THANKS AGAIN