Solved

EmailToSMS not getting delivered (IP 159.135.237.81, sending domain mx.mist.com)

• 17 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, I am trying to use the EmailToSMS feature by sending emails to TMobile Number, and the email gets delivered (from the mailing domain) but an SMS doesn’t get delivered to the recipient. This problem is noted in any TMobile recipient we try sending email to and is therefore not specific to a recipient. Please check if IP 159.135.237.81 or sending domain mx.mist.com is blocked?

icon

Best answer by BobT 17 July 2023, 21:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Probably being classified as non-consumer...

See https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/consumer-versus-non-consumer-text-messaging

In particular, note the following under “I've heard you can send a text by e-mail. What is that route for?

“The e-mail to text gateway is a legacy system that may eventually be decommissioned in the future. It is designed for low volume consumer traffic only and cannot handle a significant volume of messages. For that reason, all non-consumer messaging is prohibited on the e-mail to text gateway, and even high volume consumer messaging may be blocked as it can impact the system's ability to handle messages for all customers. If you need to send non-consumer or high-volume consumer messaging, work with an aggregator as their connections can handle these message volumes.”

Badge

I have previously faced this issue and you helped unblocked the source, can you point me in the right direction?

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I have previously faced this issue and you helped unblocked the source, can you point me in the right direction?

The email to text service is still only designed for low volume traffic. If you were previously unblocked and find that you are now blocked again, that means that you should find a new way to send your messages to your intended recipients since it is outside of the intended purpose of the email to sms service.