Question

Firmware.

Badge +1

Firmware on my Arcadyan KVD21 was upgrade to 1.00.18, now the speed has dropped, i did a factory reset, it didn’t help. any ideas to get my speeds back?

16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

When you say your speeds dropped ? Did you lose access to 5g ? Did you get bumped to lowest 4g to b12?

If so then the firmware corrupted your unit & you will need to get it replaced . I had two units broken by firmware 1.00.18 & am on 3rd one.

Others had posted similar issues,  while others had no problems. 

My 3rd unit just got the update & working other than being on b66 I am now on b2 for 4g , but still have 5g. Strangely my ip address changed to Puerto Rico. I am in socal.  It was really crazy because I was being. Served Spanish adds & my Google searches where all in Spanish.  I was able to get a local  ip back in USA after physically unplugging the unit.

The thing I noticed about my 1st 2 units that firmware 1.00.18 broke was the sim card door was hard plastic & super hard to open. My 3rd unit, the door is soft rubber & easy to open. 

So there could be a production run where certain units are fracked by the update & other units update with no issue.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Mr. Golf, I have the same gateway and it just updated 2 nights ago without any issue. Obviously something went wrong after the upgrade, so I'd do as “2 hours on hold” suggests and contact support

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

When you say your speeds dropped ? Did you lose access to 5g ? Did you get bumped to lowest 4g to b12?

If so then the firmware corrupted your unit & you will need to get it replaced . I had two units broken by firmware 1.00.18 & am on 3rd one.

Others had posted similar issues,  while others had no problems. 

My 3rd unit just got the update & working other than being on b66 I am now on b2 for 4g , but still have 5g. Strangely my ip address changed to Puerto Rico. I am in socal.  It was really crazy because I was being. Served Spanish adds & my Google searches where all in Spanish.  I was able to get a local  ip back in USA after physically unplugging the unit.

The thing I noticed about my 1st 2 units that firmware 1.00.18 broke was the sim card door was hard plastic & super hard to open. My 3rd unit, the door is soft rubber & easy to open. 

So there could be a production run where certain units are fracked by the update & other units update with no issue.  

you see this from time to time with phones..a certain update will bork half the phones out there and the other half not..ends up being a random change up when the devices were being made..there was a huge one a few years (10 years ago maybe a little less) back and this was what was found..after a certain date there was  a change up on the board if im remembering right and that was what made the difference between your phone working fine after the update and not working fine after the update..

Did you exchange it at a store?  I have the same issue. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

No.  The store only had SagemCom which has more issues.  

At the time I was able to get usa based advance tech rep. They said do not go to store, instead they would send out a replacement . If you go to store they give out whatever they have in stock . If you call then they replace like for like . 

You can call your local store & see what they have.  If they have Arkadyan then go to store & get it replaced same day.  If they have SagemCom then call support & get another Arkadyan. 

Btw, is the sim door cover on your unit hard plastic & difficult to pry open,  or soft rubber & easy to open? 

My first 2 units that got fracked by update had the hard sim cover.  My 3rd unit that still works after update had the soft cover.  Thinking that production run change could be factor in determining if update fracks your unit 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Check your app, go to Advanced Cellular Metrics, see if your 5G is now blank.  That’s what happened to me after firmware update.  There are several threads on this if you do a search.

Yes, have the blanks on the 5g tab for the past few days. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Pistoli Is your sim cover:  hard plastic or soft rubber ?

My two units that lost 5g after 100.18 had hard plastic cover,  my most recent has soft rubber & had no issue with the update 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

TMO claims it is a ‘tower issue’.  Total BS.

Anyway, if you have a spare 5G phone available, you might try removing the SIM from the gateway and try it on phone then turn on hotspot.  That’s the one good thing about cellular home internet. LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

My two units that lost 5g after 100.18 had hard plastic cover,  my most recent has soft rubber & had no issue with the update 

refurb perhaps? something that needed replaced out in there and the newer rubber cover is the replacement for the hard plastic cover?

I just had my Wife check and she said it was Rubber.  I am going to head in to the store tonight to swap it out, I will try the sim swap first to see if I can get 5G on my phone.

TMO claims it is a ‘tower issue’.  Total BS.

Anyway, if you have a spare 5G phone available, you might try removing the SIM from the gateway and try it on phone then turn on hotspot.  That’s the one good thing about cellular home internet. LOL

I completely agree.  I will try the sim swap tonight.  The fact I get 5GUW on my phone and not on the gateway is crap.  It has worked for three months now until this week.

Took my gateway back to the store last night and got a new one.  The HW Version is R01 and has the rubber cover.  It came with 1.0.0.16 and connected to 5g immediately afetr plugging in.  I woke up this morning and it had updated to 18 and 5g was gone.  T-mobile needs to admit they have and issue and push a new SW that fixes this problem.  

Badge

clearly it’s the furnware update causing the issue (i have the same issue). The quiestion is, is the disabling of the 5G signal intentional???  why is it happening to only some gateways and not others?  guess the only solution is to wait for a new update.  no sense it having the gateway replaced, since the 1.00.18 updated will be pushed out to it. i am getting 30down and 1.4 up now.  pre update was getting 140s down 40s+ up

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Could be that the towers aren’t allowing Arcadiya gateway on 5G.  I could see that maybe tower update was supposed to go out via OTA but failed on many towers.  And now  technicians are having to go out to each tower to manually flash the tower… just giving TMO the benefit of the doubt.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Update: Looks like I got 5G back today, a week after the Arcaydia firmware update to 1.00.18!  My guess is that they had to update some access list and it takes them a week to get to it.