Question

Five9

• 22 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I work from home and we use Five9 for answering calls. It was working fine and then about 2 weeks ago I started having issues with the audio. We did troubleshooting with Five9 and my companies IT. I went into the office to rule out it being the internet and it worked fine in the office. Any suggestions on settings or will this just not work with T-mobile's internet?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@True2ou, looking at a few of the messages posted in the TV & Home Internet forum, some people noted that when their connection was poor, so was their call quality. Have you used the T-Mobile Internet app to check your metrics and gateway placement? Maybe if your gateway was in a better (line of sight) position with your cell tower, your connection quality would improve. Look at the metrics for 5G and LTE and see if they are good. 

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Audio signal does not need a large bandwidth, but is delay and jitter sensitive. You may need to monitor your network characteristics over days to identify and problem and possible causes. There are software available to do this, most of them offer free trial (https://www.comparitech.com/net-admin/network-latency-testing-tools/).

One obvious possible cause of your problem is that your internet connection is shared with other people who are sending/receiving large bursts of data while you are on the phone. You may want to make sure that it doesn’t happen first.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

And yet this was working fine until two weeks ago, which leads to the conclusion that something else at your T-Mobile Home Internet location has changed. I assume you've tried the obvious of restarting your gateway, but also check with Five9 if there have been any upgrades or changes to their system that may be causing this issue.

Lastly, (and I do NOT work for T-Mobile), T-Mobile Home Internet is not endorsed for professional Internet access, e.g. call centers. It is a Fixed Wire Internet (FWI) solution for residences. Your last thought might be correct that Five9 might just not be reliable with TMHI.