Frequent Disconnection on 5G Home Internet

• 15 January 2022
  • 29 replies

Show first post

29 replies

I’ve been having issues with the signal constantly switching between 4g and 5g, while gaming it will constantly go to no signal every couple minutes. Used to have an excellent signal strength and now it just has 2 bars no matter where I move it to. Having a fan to cool it off doesn’t seem to help. I work from home so sadly this issue is going to cost me my job

Saltgod21, I didn’t get the details you have, but yes they told me the same, so my fingers are crossed too.

One possible solution.

Background, we have 2 mobile phones, 2 tablets, 3 laptops, 2 TV, and 4 arlos cameras utilizing the internet. 
It has been about a month since we signed up with the Tmobile 5G home service in Oct ‘22.  The model of our black 5G tower is FAST-5688W.  Yes, it is sensitive to placement and also the proximity to the Netgear Nighthawk wifi router, causing the 5G internet to randomly drop over the initial 8 days.  The duration of the drops can last from 5 mins to forever.  That is until I moved the Netgear wifi router 12+ inches further away instead of setting closely side by side.  It has been almost 3 weeks of reliable internet since.  We’re very happy that T-Mobile is available in the mountains of Colorado.  Subsequently we cancelled the Starlink reservation.  

Just got off the phone with tech support.  Told the same story that a fix was coming in a few weeks...of course, the posts on this issue have been coming for almost a year now, so I’m not optimistic.

What about this “manually separate devices onto either network to get instant results” notion of setting the 2.4 and 5Ghz networks on separate SSID’s.  Has anyone tried that?