Solved

Hello!

• 12 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

How do I know what devices are connected to my wifi? It just gives a bunch of codes. It doesn't say what device it is.

icon

Best answer by iTinkeralot 12 November 2022, 15:06

View original

6 replies

I am also wondering this mine currently says on 5G modem base from T-Mobile 3 devices connected I log into T-Mobile home internet and can not view anything in regards to devices???

Badge

Yeah it would be nice to see what devices are connected. I know of only 4 devices connected to mine. Then there are 3 that I'm unsure about.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

A couple of things to know. The mobile app seems to take some time to populate the device’s information. It may take 3-5 minutes, I do not know the exact parameters that result in the information refresh and the population of the table. 
The “codes” as referenced to include the last 4 bits of the MAC address of the client network adapter interface. The details of each device report the full MAC address and the client IP address. The MAC address or  media access control, address -- identifies a device to other devices on the same local network. Think of the MAC address as a street address as the address number on a mailbox. 

The IP address and the MAC address are both associated with the client and provide the required “device switching/routing” information to get the communication where it needs to go. 
At any rate if the host name is a bit cryptic and doesn’t provide clarity as to what the client is then going to each device and checking the address information to compare to the information in the table is necessary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

When the device details are viewed it is easy to see the association of the 4 values in the end of the code and the MAC address. 

what is procedure to cancel   one line 

any live agent