Question

Home internet data and DirecTV

• 17 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have the Home Internet 5G unlimited data device and want to use to subscribe to DirectTV and replace my current cable TV provider. Combined with Netflix, that means I’ll be watching lots of HD video each month. Are the T Mobile Home 5G high speed data limits really unlimited in that case?

Thanks.

5 replies

I have the same question about our business internet. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@tomucko, As the TMO HI FAQ says “Nope! There are no data caps on our unlimited Home Internet service.” I’ve be

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

…. I’ve been a subscriber since December  2022, and watch Netflix and other streaming services daily and can attest they have no data limits.

FWIW my question was more along the lines of restricting video to lower quality than being served by a streaming service, such as Apple TV+ 4K being sent to my TMobile endpoint at lower quality.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@georgef

I have the same question about our business internet. 

FWIW my question was more along the lines of restricting video to lower quality than being served by a streaming service, such as Apple TV+ 4K being sent to my TMobile endpoint at lower quality.

I have the T-Mobile Home Internet so I cannot speak to how the T-Mobile Business Internet handles the streaming of video.