Question

Home Internet Gateway Dropping Service

• 10 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

What is going on with you T-Mobile?

Service on my Gateway keeps dropping and really being a pain in my butt. It spends more time down than up.  If this is the best you can do then I will cancel my services all 4 lines. It is worse than satellite internet.

My signal on the gateway has a solid 3 bars. This started about a week ago. Same thing with my Personal Cellspot for my phones. It also drops completely out. I have tried to call customer support 8 times and after 2 hours on hold it disconnects me. Last time I talked to a support person I told them and was transferred to Tech Support. I was told that the system was making updates. And he would call me or message my to see if it had improved. 

WELL I am still waiting. I don’t think I should be charged for this if it is down and not useable.

7 replies

Same here. Needs constant restarts to get out of this. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

When you log into 192.168.12.1 and view the web interface, do you have a secondary connection active?

Yup. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

At least you are getting the 5G signal, most people wind up losing the connection all together and it never comes back. But the signal quality there is really poor. Try to get it as close to an exterior wall or window as possible on whatever side of the house the tower is located, and play around with rotating the device, see if it helps stabilize or improve that RSRP. Best you can do is around -60dBm in most cases, but if you can get it in the low 80s that be ideal.

We are new to this service, and having this issue. We have to restart the device at least twice a day. It's not very reliable at all. :/ 

The device itself says it has signal, but all of our devices say "no internet". 

Having the same random disconnection issues...New internet user.

No problems with regular mobile service on tmobile. 

Hi!

Got the  T-mobile Internet Gateway last week. Having NO success with Bluetooth AND wifi connection?  I have followed directions and re-tried 10+ times.  HELP?