Question

Home Internet Gateway Upgrade

• 6 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

How would I go about upgrading my gateway? It reboots, gets hot, and generally doesn't work as well as it used to. I have a silver cylinder model. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@DoulosBen you can either take it to your local TM store and explain your issues and ask for an exchange unit to call customer support and ask for a replacement unit. The in-store process will be faster. 

How can I upgrade my gateway equipment, to new equipment?

Thank you,

Jordan Kirsch

I’ve asked this question before and get the run around. One second I’m told you can exchange at local store, then told you can’t and you must contact T-Mobile. I contact T-Mobile and get told “We have to set you up another 5G Home Internet account, send you new router and then you can send old one back.” Which means I’d lose my unlimited plan and get the newer higher price.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

This confuses me. What if your TMHI Gateway is having problems and needs repair or exchange. Are you guys saying that TMHI Customer Support won’t do it? You have to cancel your account and start a new one? They can’t send you to a T-Mobile (real) Store not 3rd party and get it replaced?