home internet is trash

• 3 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’ve had my T Mobile home internet for 3 days and it’s complete garbage. It says my connection is good but constantly cuts in and out. I haven’t reached 100mbps once and I’m constantly checking the speed. Fastest was 60mbps, most of the times it’s in the 30’s. A sales person told me speed could be as fast as 1gbps. That is just comical and very unethical to tell such an absurd lie. I live in the heart of San Francisco and there are times when YouTube videos are stuck buffering. I’ve called about the issue of internet cutting in and out. They told me it’s probably a bad sim. I went down to the t mobile store and they replaced the sim. And it’s the same garbage. Pls do not get this product. I was using Xfinity prior and never had any of these issues and I’m going right back.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

If you’re venting, that’s fine.  TM Internet can be pretty spotty just like any cellular-based service.  If you want help from this community, it might want to post your LTE and 5G Cellular metrics (Found in a tab on the TM Internet app) and maybe you can get you some suggestions.

SAME! I haven’t fully stopped service with my Xfinity internet, so I’ve switch between them to compare, and I’m switching back to Xfinity IMMEDIATELY!!! #Running

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile Home Internet has a few  faults

First:  It is typically NOT as capable of aggregating as many LTE + 5G channels compared to newer devices.   This is a limiting facter.

Second:  These devices are more ‘directional’ in sensitivity than mobile devices (i.e. 360 degree rotation, where best service may fall into a 30 degree rotation.

Third:  Limiting due to deprioritization.

In my area, 1st one can keep me from passing ~600Mbps.  2nd one becomes an issue to where I place my device and rotation.  3rd.  Doesn’t affect me much .. yet.

Badge

I feel your pain. Originally T-Mobile Home Internet was terrific. For about 9 months I routinely got speeds 130-180 and was so glad I had switched from cable. Then in late December speeds dropped to 1-20 Mbps. It took T-Mobile over a month to admit they had decommissioned a cell tower in our neighborhood. They knew that service would be impacted but did they notify customers or even admit there was a problem? Absolutely not! That kind of customer service deserves a zero rating.