Question

how can i activate a port so I can connect my ADT alarm system

• 10 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

How can I activate a port so I can connect my ADT alarm system?

the first T-Mobile tech support did not have a clue. On the second call all they would do was to send emails, all 3 emails gave the same information how to connect the device. The device is connected, and I have been able to connect all my devices on to the wifi. My Tech support from ADT said I need to have T-Mobile to activate the LAN! And LAN2 ports that is on the the T-Mobile tower.  Help!!!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

This might help:

Some devices cannot see or connect to the gateway’s default network.  You want to leave this network alone and ADD a second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app.  For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2.  Try connecting your device to this second network.  Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.

Here are the T-Mobile support instructions for how to add the second network with the app.

Android  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | Android | T-Mobile Support

iOS  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | iOS | T-Mobile Support

Badge

I left out an important fact. I am connecting the base for the ADT security system to the T-Mobile’s tower by ethernet cable not Wi-Fi. the LAN1/LAN2 is where the ethernet cable plugs into. ADT’s tech support is the person that stated that I need to get T-Mobile tech support team to activate the LAN’s ports in T-Mobile’s system. I am in a vicious circle of around and around and no one knows what to do at T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Ah, I should have understood that you meant the Ethernet ports.  Connecting via Ethernet should just work.  Before we can conclude that the gateway is defective, did you try another cable?  Is Wi-Fi an option for the ADT system?