How do I get a stronger signal

• 17 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have T-mobil internet and Mint Mobil on two phones useing the T-mobil network. In the last couple weeks the signal strength from T-mobil has degraded. I live one mile from the T-mobil tower. I have a T-Mobil signal booster mounted up high in a window and the other half of it in the kitchen twelve feet away. The number of bars on the window booster went from three bars to one and the unit in the kitchen went from three/four to zero and is now searching with no bars showing. My internet has slowed conciderbly and my phones now bounce between one and two bars. As I write this I show three bars on the T-mobil modem. I have both called and chatted with T-mobil customer service with not results after folling thier instructions and spending an extended amount of time and on hold with four different advisers. They either put you on hold or disconnect the call after long waits. I have also sent a letter to the “resolution center via USPS. How do I resolve this? 

bocaboy2591 1 year ago

@itybitybob, if I had these on-going problems, I'd dump T-Mobile and move to Verizon. Something is obviously going on with either the tower(s) in your area or the gateways they've sent you. If TMHI can't deliver you a reliable and usable signal for your home, then it's the wrong provider for you.

You are not under contract with TMHI and can cancel the service at any time. When Support hears that, they work pretty hard to fix the problem because they're judged internally on their retention rate. If they have a customer who leaves the service, it doesn't look good for them, either.

Good luck!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@itybitybob, if I had these on-going problems, I'd dump T-Mobile and move to Verizon. Something is obviously going on with either the tower(s) in your area or the gateways they've sent you. If TMHI can't deliver you a reliable and usable signal for your home, then it's the wrong provider for you.

You are not under contract with TMHI and can cancel the service at any time. When Support hears that, they work pretty hard to fix the problem because they're judged internally on their retention rate. If they have a customer who leaves the service, it doesn't look good for them, either.

Good luck!