Solved

"I'm not a robot"

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Ever since I switched to T-Mobile Home Internet I am constantly being prompted to check the box “I’m not a robot” when doing Google searched. Sometimes I have to take an additional “human test” to check which of the 9 boxes are motorcycles, or lampposts or whatever.  How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by KapFL 29 August 2023, 02:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

There’s probably little you can do at your end. T-Mobile shares one IP address among many of its customers, so Google interprets all the various users as if they were one person making lots of requests at the same time, in other words, as some sort of bot.  Can T-Mobile work with Google to sort this out? Maybe, but the only thing we can do from our end is to do something that will get us a fixed IP address, like using a T-Mobile business account and paying extra for a fixed IP address. Or we can just keep “proving” we aren’t bots by using those annoying “prove you’re human” tests.

Userlevel 1
Badge

More info here…. There is a lot of frustrated folks.  I’ve stopped using Google, next step is to stop using T-Mobile..

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you KapFL for sharing the existing topic about this exact question. We are still collecting examples so please head over to that thread to provide the information that is going to help our teams continue to dig into this and find out why it is happening. I am closing this thread from getting anymore comments because I want to keep all responses and examples in one place. It makes things easier to find and reduces the possibility of things getting missed. 

Thanks!