Question

I've had it

• 30 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I am an online marketing and social media advertiser ..Why ,everytime I'm finishin up the final product on a major project that I've been working hard on for the last six months, why does my internet service go down??? I  have to constantly battle this problem day in and day out . Unplug this, shut down this, take the sim card out , reset the gateway, ping it from tech support , and on and on ! Reliable service? Where? This is why we closed our corporate CELL PHONE accounts 10 years ago with yall and for some insane reason I decided to try y'all again.  I figured maybe you might've upgraded but I was wrong! I pay for monthly service which should include being able to access the internet 24  hours a day NOT 12. I don't even get reimbursed for it and on top of that I have TO START OVER WITH MY DESIGNS. Whats the solution ? Do I need to search for another service provider?  I'm so frustrated and disappointed in T-Mobile. 

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I can hear your frustration. Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) is still in its infancy. There are only three providers at present (T-Mobile, Verizon and AT&T) and if you don't have good reception, meaning a tower that doesn't transmit a strong enough signal and/or servicing too many users at particular times of the day, then this service isn't for you.

While I realize this doesn't help your situation, I am experiencing exactly the opposite performance with T-Mobile. I live in S. Florida and both of my family’s iPhones have very good reception as does my T-Mobile gateway.

The use of FWA comes down to location and tower strength. You might be better off with a terrestrial ISP that can guarantee you a better, more reliable and robust signal. I understand that this service is more expensive than T-Mobile FWA, but if you need a reliable, strong Internet signal to help you put bread on the table, maybe T-Mobile isn't right for you, at least not at this time.