Question

Inseeco FX2000

• 23 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Ok. Who’s got one of these business devices working on TMHI?  Thinking of working on getting one, seems they are static ip and full on configurable. I tried business line to Tmobile but was on hold for a long time a dropped. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

If you didn’t notice, another poster (Jackson300zx) indicated on a different topic that they just ordered that device. Perhaps they’ll follow up with feedback about it there if they don’t share with you here.

Badge

I believe you are talking about the FX200e router/modem.  You must first sign up for a business account before they will talk to you and you don’t get unlimited data as you do with TMHI

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Unfortunately the poster that I included the link to never posted again about it. That poster did include a link to the Inseego FX2000 gateway (https://inseego.com/products/fixed/fx2000-tmobile/) which appears to be marketed to T-Mobile business accounts. The poster had indicated they signed up for Small Business Internet which does include unlimited data.

If you go to a more recent post in that thread, another poster (tjwang668), responding to CarSmart’s post there, indicated they were able to get the FX2000 with Small Business Internet, but they had issues and weren’t happy with the WiFi, so they returned it, cancelled T-Mobile and kept their current service with AT&T.

The FX2000e (I’m assuming CarSmart left of one of the zeros) appears to be the “Pro” version of the FX2000. It seems like the only difference is that the “e” version includes dual SIM capability for multi-carrier support. Since both are limited to 32 connected devices it doesn’t seem like they’d be useful to larger enterprises.

Regardless, there’s still limited info here about the device and whether it’s a good option for those who can create a Small Business Internet account. It’s a more expensive gateway, so I imagine it would take some work to get T-Mobile to send you one.

i have one now, for a few days after switching my phones and decided to try their home/business internet.

so, depending on where its placed, I either get fast 5G service, that drops off during the day, or, solid LTE signal that stays the same day and night.

its nice when the 5G signal works, as its alot faster than the LTE, but, in the real world, stability ALWAYS beats speed, so I have left it where it gets the strong LTE signal, and its consistent day and night

we’ll see if its worth dumping Cox for the tmobile business version; its weird going from gig up and down, to 50 down and 10 up, but if everything works, including 4k streaming, video calls, etc, then the savings from switching will be worth it.saving about 60% versus Cox pricing