Question

little or no internet

• 29 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

what is tmobile doing to fix the internet and on the phone that only works very poor at times and not at all other times.  when you have internet it is so slow like 1.6 down it is like not having it at all. Out and about on my phone the internet is just as bad.  When will the problem be solved.  If not very soon I will be using another provider both phone and internet.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You should contact T-Mobile and confirm with them that your location is actually covered. If you were just told sure we cover that area but it was not accurate then you need to know that up front. You have no details about the situation so answering the question is not possible. They can see where your devices connect and have a more informed idea. 

Go to a local store if need be. They might be able to help. 

Badge

I have been getting over 100 down for months and then getting very slow this last month

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I have seen other subscribers report in the community that their internet started out really well and was impressive only to see things turn upside down before too long. If you get the cellular metrics from using the TMO home internet mobile application you can see better why as you can review the cellular metrics and know more. Knowing the RSRP, RSRQ and SINR values for the primary and secondary signals helps to see which cellular source is driving the LED value in reality.  If you have not looked at these metrics and dont understand them the table will help. It gives a good idea of how the signals are. Unfortunately the mobile application does not provide the PCI physical cell identifier so that makes it more difficult to know where the source originates. For some reason T-Mobile does not seem to want to empower the customers to help themselves and be more knowledgeable. It would only help them.